Camping in Peterson

170 Reviews of 28 Peterson, Alabama Campgrounds

R
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Peach Queen campground

When we arrived the grass was very tall. They did mow today. Just not my site as we were occupying it. It has full hook ups. Not very much shade. My site has none. The bathrooms are dirty. The pool is a nice size. It could use a vacuum. There is a decent size jungle gym at the playground. My 8 year…

Site10A
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Awesome RV park

Very well laid out, clean, and cool RV park. Easy access to highway, very spacious and new bathrooms and showers. Very much enjoyed our stay.

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Family Fun!

We took our kids for the first time and it was a great trip! I’ve always lived Oak Mountain so I for sure go back as often as I can. We stayed on 42B which was an AMAZING site. My favorite one so far. There was a lot of traffic just because that was the way to get to the campground beach, but it…

Site42B
M
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Forkland Campground

I originally was going to stay at Chickasaw State Park but that was a no go so I Googled the next closest Campground which brought me here. The park host, Leigh, was very helpful and polite. The bathrooms were the best I've seen in a long time. The spot she put me in was amazing. It was so…

SiteSite 12
LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

Beautiful quiet park

Quiet park with fairly level spaces most of which are on the water. Electric and water only with a dump station in the center of the park. One thing to be aware of is that the 4" sewer plug is NOT a sewer connection

kerry W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Nice Peacefull park

This park is a little out of the way but well worth it.  The sites are spacious and spaced well apart.  Almost all of the spots are well shaded .  The whole park is well kept, and so very peaceful. We enjoyed our stay here.

Site105, 115
fletcher6531 The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Alabama lake spot

Stopped overnight at this very quiet spot. Didn't see much but lake was very buetiful. Worth coming back.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Hoover Rv Camp Review

It's mostly for Pull Alongs, 5th Wheelers & RV's, no spots for a Tent trees far away but not too far. On the outskirts of a parking lot of a stadium!

Genie C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Peacefully Beautiful

We love Deerlick! Nice cleans sites, happy hosts, and clean bathhouse! We can’t wait to get back. The recreation options were endless.

cThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 9, 2021

Camping w grands

Cell/Wifi non existent. Office staff and rangers friendly and helpful.

Site35 b section
Kyle H.
Reviewed May. 9, 2021

Clean and easy access.

Checked in after hours and was still helped to find a suitable site for my camper. They seem to reserve spaces just for single night stays, which was nice as was pretty full. Staff was helpful and site was clean.

SiteB4
Rebecca H.
Reviewed May. 2, 2021

Weathering the Storm

The other reviews are accurate but honestly, I loved this place. The owner is awesome and was able to accommodate our last minute 2 am check in. He met us at the gate and escorted us to our site. The facilities were probably lovely back in the day but we still enjoyed walking around exploding the…

l
Reviewed May. 2, 2021

Oak Mountain

Beautiful park and very well kept. If you can’t find something to do here you aren’t looking. Mountain Biking, road biking and very well payed out lanes. Tents, cabins, pull thoughts for classA’s. Just a beautiful park!!

Site14 pull through
Joceline D.
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2021

Friendly Folk

More of a community than a passersby campground. We arrived late at night, but the manger on site was more than happy to accommodate us. Tent camping available a short hike away across a creek.

Jaimee D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2021

Camping in Nature

First things first, don’t follow the GPS! It will take you to the recreation area and you will have to turn around. The campground can’t be seen from the main road. Take side road on left when you see the welcome to Alabama sign on the right. If you are coming from the other direction, you’ll pass…