Columbus, WISCONSIN

Most Recent Columbus Camping Reviews
Quick overnight

Just stopped by on the way through. Decent room between campsites.

Very Quiet and relaxing

The sites are along the Fox River with scattered trees and no woods. Very quiet with a very clean one at a time men’s room with a pay for shower. A real gem of a find. Would camp there again in the future.

Love to stay here with the family

I have stayed here for many times over the years. We always had great time. This campground has something for every age.

A relaxing spot close to Madison

So I think my impression of this campground mostly has to do with the fact that although it’s an actual campground unlike what we usually do (dispersed camping), it was completely secluded. We were the only ones with a tent, and the rest of the people there were people who had set up semi-permanent RV homes. Although we did see some really cool set-ups, we didn’t see a soul and we weren’t mad about it! They had showers and a pool, as well as other amenities such as toilets and fire pits.This was definitely a relaxing spot, with very little noise and relative seclusion. Also to add the fire pits were actually metal rings, so you can move them wherever you want. Would definitely return!!

Quiet with Plenty of Tree Cover

I stayed in the Bluewater Bay campground because after a terrible stay at a state park in Illinois that didn’t have separate spaces for RVers and tent campers, the fact that Bluewater Bay doesn’t have electric was all I needed to know. I was not disappointed. I stayed on a Sunday and Monday night in July and it was very very quiet and even when most the campsites filled up the second day, the fact that there’s dense bush and tree cover between sites means you still feel some sense of solitude. The bugs were bad—bring spray and coils to burn.

The best part about Mirror Lake State Park is the lake itself. I SUP and it was a truly magical lake for a few hours paddle early on a Monday morning. I SUP’d Devil’s Lake the next day and just kept comparing the two—Mirror Lake feels secluded and with its calm waters and cool canyons, this is easily one of the coolest lakes I’ve ever SUP’d. Devil’s Lake is cool, but it was crowded and less magical by far.

Kettle Moraine Camp!

Right in the kettle moraine. About an hour or so away from Milwaukee. Great hiking!

No free camping

I did not stay here but the staff were very prompt in responding to my email to let me know there is no dispersed camping at this site as this app wrongly indicates.

Best campground in Wisconsin

We have stayed here many of times and always had a great trip. The campsite are big and spacious with plenty of room for two tents and a screen tent. The bathrooms are cleaned daily and always in good shape. The campsite comes with a picnic table and a good size fire pit for open grilling. There is so much to do in the area from hiking, boating, fishing, rock climbing and just relaxing. Something for everyone.

What a beautiful campground!

This is now a KOA. We had a wonderful camping experience as the campground was clean and well maintained. Lots of beautiful butterflies and sunsets. They have golf carts you can rent for a 24 hour period with trails to take them on. We took ours on a night ride through the woods which was great! The pool was refreshing and clean. Unfortunately due to Covid 19 many events have been cancelled but we still had a great time camping here! Highly recommend!

Ideal for someone to get away from the crowds

There is not a lot of frill with this campground, but the sites are nice and secluded from one another with great foliage and tree cover. We came during a downpour but were able to move our camper into the trees to keep us a bit drier. It is a smaller campground that is a little bit further away from the craziness of the dells.

The closer you get to the interstate the louder it gets and one of the loops backs right up to the interstate. So be aware if you are booking the loop it will be a constant hum.

The shower building and pit toilets were kept clean and clearly marked when they would be cleaned during the day. I was surprised that they were being cleaned at 530 am as well as another time in the afternoon.

Most of the campground is ideal for tent campground and smaller RVs.