Camping in Forest Hill

112 Reviews of 17 Forest Hill, Texas Campgrounds

E
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2021

Palms rv park

Great park! More long term tenants than over nighters. But still a good park. Quiet and kid friendly. The new owners are working on improving the appearance, as the previous ones left a bit to be desired.

Stephen & Theresa B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Pleasant Texas State Park

We had a really nice relaxing stay at Stephen F Austin State Park near San Filepe, Texas. Great little state park easily accessed from I-10. The 38 RV sites are all asphalt pad pull throughs with 30/15 amp electric, water and sewer complete with concrete pad for table, fire pit, lantern and all…

• Fawn
  • Deer
SiteSite 32
Keisha D.
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2021

RV Glamping

Great RV Resort on the lake with a beach. The roads could use a lot of love and the activity center could use a few indoor games especially since it rains a lot during hurricane season. Other than that we really enjoyed our stays here this summer.

SiteA-1
Bounding Around The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2021

Full hookup pull through sites!

All of the sites at Stephen F. Austin were pull through and full hookup which was really nice. Our first night there we went in to town to explore and hit up the local grocery store. We loved the downtown area.  More importantly, the campsites were hosts to a lovely firefly display each evening! …

JP A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2021

Great state park

I stayed here a couple of days to recharge the batteries, refill the water, and chill in some air.

The park itself is ok and it is a little far from the main drag. They are redoing the beach side so I think normally this is just overflow.

I did get the best sunset pictures here.

Charles M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

It’s the Beach, Y’all!

We came down to see the beaches of Galveston and we were not disappointed! There is so much to do here that the state park makes a lot of sense.

We came down in June so it was HOT. If you want to camp in this park make sure you are going to RV it.

Also, the beaches are awesome, the wildlife is…

Mike H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Beautiful RV resort

Spotlessly clean resort. Shady as well as covered sites. Easy on an off I10. Reasonable rates. Great for overnight stay or as a base for exploring Houston. Would definitely stay here again!

SiteA-2
Tucker B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

Stormy Night in a Historical Park!

Arrived here just before a big thunderstorm rolled in.

But it was super cool to watch as the lights of Houston illuminated the sky across the bay.

Can camp for up to 3 nights maximum with $10 permit from the courthouse down the street.

No utilities, but large open camping area near fishing…

Tucker B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

Stormy Night in a Historical Park!

Arrived here just before a big thunderstorm rolled in.

No utilities, but large open camping area near fishing…

The Best Family RV Resort

This place is so much fun! They have everything you could want to do right there on the camp grounds. My family and I enjoyed our stay here and made lots of new memories in our new travel trailer.

The Best Family RV Resort

Family Oriented

My family really enjoyed our stay here. The sites are clean and easy to pull through. The kids loved the park and splash pad.

Family Oriented

Susan S.
Reviewed May. 9, 2021

Clean & friendly!

Very clean rv park. Very friendly staff. Walk to public beach is .4 miles.

J
Reviewed May. 5, 2021

Nice county campground!

Pros...FHU sites with concrete pads, prices are reasonable for the area, gated, fishing right at the park, fabulous & knowledge hosts, beautiful views, & good Verizon signal.

Cons...sites are VERY close, a large rv might have a challenge navigating interior roads & parking when the…

• Sites