Blue Ridge, TEXAS

Camping Texas Blue Ridge

Most Recent Blue Ridge Camping Reviews
Been there 100 times

Very secluded and low volume area. I would consider this a rough site. Not for thin skinned people expecting a beautiful oasis. There is a passable boat ramp, few covered picnic tables and a cornhole “bathroom” there. No ele or water. Tons of hiking if you follow the road in and look for the 4x4 paths to the right. No fee admission. Tent/trailer/rv/sleep in car/on the ground, whatever. Lots of arrowheads laying around if your lucky to spot one. Highly suggest having some sort of personal protection for the critters that come in the wee hours of the night.

Westcliff

I appreciate all the park workers but the short guy with the glasses is a real jerk.but still my favorite place.

Horrible conditions

We had called and made reservations and as we confirmed asked if a 40ft class A could fit. Well we got there and 1st of all it is so badly run down. Also the spot he wanted us to pull into was on grass and way too small. He said oh you can fit between those 2 trees. Omg I said absolutely not, you see how big our RV is and we would sink. No gravel even. Such a disappointment.

Great Experience!

Plenty of good camping spots as well as great trails and a big beautiful lake.

Pretty Nice

This recreation.gov campground was adequate for our needs. Most sites are shady, the outdoor tables we're sturdy, and there were fire pits and a separate cooking grill on a raised post. They parking pass we're decent asphalt. It is located on Lake Waco. There was some road noise from the highway. The toilet/shower house left a little to be desired. It wasn't as clean as it could have been. The women's showers had 2 stalls, one handicapped. The handicapped shower did not work. The other shower had a very difficult shower head to control the volume and direction of the spray. It was very cold the first morning and the shower building is not heated and had open screening at the top so showering was very eye opening! But the trees were beautiful with quite a few pecan trees. We would probably camp there again.

Great campground. Friendly camphost

Very clean and we'll maintained. Large v spaces.

Just off the highway...

It’s a place to rest your head and wash your clothes. The pool and dog park are excellent additions and I really enjoyed that!

Beautiful View

This campground is the closest, of the lake campgrounds, to Waco. After a fun day at Magnolia Farms and DT Waco we found this campground on, the Dyrt, of course. We stopped at Walmart on the way and arrived just in time to jump in the lake. It was refreshing after a long hot day and we got to watch the sunset as we floated in the water. You have to reserve a spot on recreation.gov if you arrive after 6 PM. The reticent off duty camp host notified me that I couldn’t stay unless I made the reservation online. If you are in an RV there are a lot of lake view sights w great shade and some w canopies over the tables. We stayed at a “tent” ($16) site in our minivan. I’m still not sure where the water is for the tent ⛺️ people because I snuck over to one of the open RV sites to get water. There is a decent bathroom with toilet and shower which can’t be beat for $16.

Loved our time

We stayed as Fort Parker for two weeks! We had a wonderful time.

Pros: Gorgeous lake, tons of pelicans and herons, kayak trails, great Verizon service for work, amazing staff and camp hosts, regular nature programs, sunsets, pretty quiet and peaceful even when the camp was full!

Cons: swimming area was pretty gross, mud up to our knees and scum on the top of the water. River trail was stagnant but we saw a lot of birds still. Uneven sites 6-10(needed major leveling)

Great little lake

This is a great little lake and campground, especially for fishing and boating. The campground offers nice, secluded campsites with full hook-ups. They each have a table & fire pit. The campsites are clean and well maintained. There are several fishing piers and boat loading docks. The lake is clean and great for tubing, standup paddle boarding or just swimming. There is also a roped off designated swimming area with a small beach. The campground is usually not crowded except for big summer holidays. Lots of wildlife like deer, etc. The public restroom & showers are clean and well kept. There also is a dumping station and a park host is on duty 24 hours a day. No hiking though but walking around the lake is really enjoyable. Bring your own water crafts because there isn’t any rentals offered here. Very low key & enjoyable.