Water Unknown
County
Matagorda Bay Nature Park is located in Texas
3 Reviews of Matagorda Bay Nature Park
Pretty Cool

This park is located inside the Matagorda Nature Preserve and located directly on the ICW with a beautiful view from pretty much every camp site. The sites have electric and water hookups and their is a restroom located directly in the middle of the ground. Their is a self-service ice machine right across the street and that a plus because their is virtually nowhere to buy ice on the island and the closest convenient store is about 15 minutes away. It’s 27$ a night to camp and they allow tents and RVs which is pretty cool. I set my tent up in the grass and enjoyed a beautiful sunset over the water. The public beach access is about 5 miles away and it’s a pretty nice beach but you need 4 wheel drive to access. Showers are a little outdated and their is absolutely no shade at all but other than that it’s a beautiful little spot.

Nice Park, Awesome Time!

My family and I really enjoyed this park. Every lot has a concrete slab as well as a picnic table area! They don’t have a grille area that we saw but there are some at the pavilion, we brought our own. Close to the beach which made it easy to take a break to allow my toddler to take a nap. My only complaint is that the showers could use some updating and cleaning. I refused to allow the kids or myself in the camper with all the sand on us so we showered in the park showers. Due to all the salt in the air all the bathroom locks are corroded and the women’s wouldn’t work so they had the bathroom door propped open for anyone to come in which made me uncomfortable while showering. If you book early enough you can reserve a lot right on the water wish is awesome! We will camp there again! (:

Jetty park

This is an awesome beach to visit becoming more popular over the years but still great. Miles and miles of beaches to drive on and enjoy, plus tons of small ponds on the other side of the dunes. The small ponds contain numerous small fish and hermit crabs. But if the surf is what you want this beach is one of the best surfing beaches in Texas and also has great surf fishing or just fish the mouth of the Colorado river. This beach is one of the best.