About Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in the Hill Country

Located in the beautiful Texas Hill Country, Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park™ Camp-Resort Hill Country is the perfect place for families to have the vacation of a lifetime. Whether you’re looking to kick back and relax, or spend the day busy with fun activities, our camp-resort is an ideal location. Spend the day splashing in the Water Zone, jumping on the jump pad, heading over to the nearby Guadalupe River, or Canyon Lake, and so much more. No matter your age, camping with us is bound to be a blast. Come experience everything our park has to offer while making memories with your friends and family!

Private
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in the Hill Country is located in Texas
5 Reviews of Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in the Hill Country
Family fun, better for littles than teens

We came for the month of January to camp next to friends. It’s a family RV park and has nice amenities. We are just outgrowing the atmosphere. It’s nothing against the park, we just have a teenager. (14) I recommend it for any families with younger kids! If you have a teen who rolls their eyes as a bounce pillow and isn’t interested in miniature golf, probably keep looking.

Our site is wooded and has a nice fire pit—but unfortunately right now there is a burn ban in Comal County.

Pet friendly! Has a small dog park.

Nice park but the sites are small

The sites are very packed together. We ended up in a site facing another camper. We both had to adjust where we were parked so that we could each extend our awnings. The sites are level but you don’t come here for the sites - its the water park or for the activities in the Hill Country. The back in sites at the back of the park actually give you the most room.

There are tons of activities for the kids and adults alike.

Lots of fun!

This is a well maintained Jellystone park located in New Braunfels, TX.  We have gone twice and had a blast each time.  The splash pad and water slides open at 1200 and my 6 year old had a lot of fun on them during the summer.  The bounce pad is very nice,  The indoor pool is great in the summer, when we went in February the water wasn't nearly warm enough for my liking.

The sites are close together but many have large trees to help shade the area.

Family friendly

Nice campground. Great for kids. Big pool and small water park. Very family friendly. Only Con is it is an older park and kind of hard to maneuver larger rigs in the park. Some of the pull thrus are kinda tight. Make reservations months in advance. Overall great park.

Ranger Review: MH2 Headlamp by Ledlenser at Jellystone Park Hill Country

Campground Review

This was my first time to Jellystone Hill Country, and my family had a wonderful time.  We will be returning in the near future for sure!  Luckily for us, they do have a very detailed website that addresses a lot of the questions and concerns one might have.  So in this review, I will do my best to give insight to the aspects that may not be clear on their website.

CABINS

We stayed in a Cindy Bear cabin, number 6 specifically.  What a fabulous cabin.  It had everything we needed and had plenty of space for our family of 5.  I love that the “master bedroom” is on the opposite side of the cabin from the bunk room.  Makes the space feel larger.  The kitchen has a full size fridge/freezer, microwave (huge, modern microwave), coffee maker, toaster, and plug-in 2 burner stove.  NO oven so skip the frozen pizzas.  You will need to bring ALL your own linens, including sheets, blankets, TOWELS, and dish rags.  There was a small bottle of dish soap on the sink for us, but no sponges or rags.  There was also plenty of plates, bowls, cups, silverware, etc. but the pots were somewhat old and had lost their non-stick properties.  I would throw a frying pan into your luggage if you plan to make pancakes during your stay.  (Actual items vary by cabin, so another cabin may have a very nice frying pan, who knows?).  I literally didn’t see a single spider or fly in the cabin the whole time we were there, which is a miracle considering all the buggy cabins I’ve stayed in over the years.  What a clean and pleasant experience.

GOLF CARTS

We rented a golf cart during our stay.  While they are cute and fun to buzz around in, the park really isn’t big enough to warrant one, unless you are staying in a cabin or site very far from the action.  When booking, there is an option to choose your specific site for a $15 fee.  My advice is to pay the $15 and choose a site close to the Hill Country Hall and the waterpark, and save the $62 a day on the golf cart.  We stayed RIGHT next to the HCH and had no noise problems whatsoever.

ACTIVITIES

Each weekend they have planned activities for the kiddos.  Most of these activities occur on Saturday.  Our weekend was Carnival Games and Halloween.  The carnival was cute little games set up for the kids to play with candy as prizes. I would say the optimal age for that carnival was between 4 and 7 years old.  In the evening they had a costume contest (we won best group!) and trick or treating around the park.  The kids had a blast.  Check their website before your trip to see the calendar of events.

WATER AMENITIES

Wow!  If you and your kids love to play in the water, this is the place for you.  Their outdoor complex includes: one standard rectangular pool, one very shallow splash pad with several water spouts and a tiny kids slide, which flows into a deeper (3 foot) pool, and a large kids water play center that includes two decently large kids slides, high pressure water cannons, and lots of stairs to climb around.  We were so impressed by the sheer square footage of fun and how a whole family could be happy in this one place for hours.  Also, plenty of seating for mom to relax ;).  Here you can find their concession stand, that serves fairly priced hot food and Blue Bell ice cream.

If the sun is not your scene, no fret!  They have an INDOOR pool too!  The water is the perfect temperature, and has a connected hot tub for soaking.  Perfect for mom and dad to relax in the hot tub and keep a close eye on the kids swimming.

STORE

If you forgot anything, or have the unexpected occur (like my husband having a stomach ache), the store is there with items you may need.  They also sell tons of souvenir items if you want to adorn your entire house (or RV) with Yogi Bear paraphernalia.

Overall, I can’t say enough good about this place.  The staff is friendly, the cabins clean and roomy, the activities sweet and age-appropriate, and the water park out of this world.  We are already planning our next trip back!

(My family and I were given a discount in exchange for this review, but these opinions are my own and no way affected by the discount)

Product Review

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to test from time to time - here I am testing the MH2 Headlamp by Ledlenser ( http://www.ledlenserusa.com/mh2-505.html#start=3 )

One night, my daughter noticed a “cave” (read: drain pipe under a bridge) that she wanted to explore.  Sure that there would be dangerous critters in said cave, we strapped the MH2 on her and followed close behind.  Well if there were any critters, we would have seen them for sure!

The lamp was bright and strong and showed exactly where you needed it to shine.  You can simply twist the lens in the front, and the beam can change from focused to broad.  It also can shine red light, or flash, both of which would be very useful in an emergency.  The headband is also wide and comfortable.  The adjustable strap made it easy to transition between my daughter, all the way to my husband in a second.  Both could wear the light comfortably.   I recommend this headlamp for anyone looking for a low-price hands-free lighting option.