Camping in Pawleys Retreat

165 Reviews of 12 Pawleys Retreat, South Carolina Campgrounds

Ioan P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Excellent

This place earned my simpaty ! HS everything and behind! Has a store and restaurant inside. You can rent a electrical cart and much more. Did I mention is right on the beach. Yep !

Gary P.
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2021

A yearly favorite !

We go to MBSP at least once per year! This is easily one of our favorite beach destinations on the east coast. The park is huge, offers spacious sites (if you look a for the right ones), and is a short bike ride from the beach! The staff are always great and the facilities are clean and tidy! I…

Nancy B.
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

SC Beach Camping

Love Camping here. Clean, plenty to do, I could hear the waves from my bed at night.

Ashley W.
Reviewed May. 18, 2021

Tight squeeze

I loved that we could walk to the beach. The shower houses were super clean, and the staff was really friendly. Full site hook ups, which is unusual at state parks.

Down falls, the roads are tight. I can't tell you how many bigger RVs have hit trees. We have a 40.5 footer 5th wheel, and it was…

Elizabeth D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

The best!

I would live here! Big sites, ocean right down these really cool paths. I'm going to try and come back. Great place!

susan M.
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Very nice kids/pet friendly!!!

My most fond memories o camping were here!!   So

Much to do!!  My kids loved exploring where the Huntington’s lived!  There are also botanical gardens nearby.  The only thing is Inthink you have to reserve your spot more than a year in advance now!!

laurie M.
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Month long stay

Nice campground. Not too large nor small. It has everything we needed. They are improving campsite by expanding the pads and the majority are done. Unfortunately we did not have an enhanced pad and that’s the only reason I 4 starred it.

Month of VisitApril
Caleb J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 7, 2021

Great spot for an overnight or for a weekend

I love this spot. Its right on the trail, it also allows for you to drive right up to the campground and park your car, set up camp and then head out for a hike. It has some spots closer to the parking area and others back away from it by a couple hundred feet. There used to be water available but…

SiteHalfway creek primitive trail camp
Małgorzata R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2021

Spring get away

Great campground, big even parking spots, very friendly and helpful staff. Pet friendly. They have a beautiful bathroom/shower house. There is a large lake great for swimming and fishing!

Month of VisitApril
Jennifer  J.
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2021

4 thumbs up

This was our first time camping here. We LOVED it! The beach was walking distance from our site. The bath house was clean. Super frequently and helpful staff. The ONLY downside was the airplanes. It is super close to the airport so expect air traffic noise.

SiteCampsite 65A
RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 23, 2021

Awesome location

Sites can be as private as you want. Online booking has photos of sites. Well kept and quiet state park with trails and access to the beach.

• Campsite
  • Beach
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2021

Great site!

We spent April 17-19 here. Beautiful spot on the intercostal waterway. Well maintained and lots of room between campsites. They have a couple of nature walks. Close to Charleston, SC.

Tori L.
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2021

Great family experience

Had an amazing time enjoying the campground and other campers were very friendly and outgoing like us!! Great coffee house and other amenities!!

s
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2021

Something for everyone

Met some friends here for the weekend. Had such a great time. We did the beach, peddle boats, pools and all. The staff is super friendly and helpful. We chose shaded spots and even tho this place is huge, there is plenty of room on the sites. Dogs enjoyed their long walks as well.

Juli F.
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2021

Wish we could have stayed more! @vantrailsbeer

Spent 2 nights here in our sprinter van with our pup in February. Nice, quiet and friendly campground. Loved all the trails within walking distance & the trail access to the beach. It was cold for February but no snow:) Used the bathroom & shower and they were very clean. Even saw dolphins…

Month of VisitMarch