The best WALK IN camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Brattonsville Camping Reviews
Met our needs

Very well taken care of campground. Vault toilet was clean. There are a couple pull-through spots. We were the only campers there. $5 a spot.

Very nice, secluded area.

Our first camping, and in December, no less. Few campers, but spacious sites. I collect local fallen tree limbs to burn. Lots of them around! Great hiking trails, but most bike trails closed because of a bridge failure. I would return in an instant.

Better than Thought

Easy access from I26. Spent a week here and really enjoying it. Has 21 spots. All have legal gravel pads, fire rings with grill bars. Vault toilets clean and trash containers serviced. Within good driving distance to larger towns. Access for bigger rigs too. Ranger Bob was here and talked to him. Real nice and informative. 5.00 to me is great for the peace and quiet. Arrived after hunting season, informed was busy then. 4 or 5 come and go.

Basic Parking Lot Campground

We stayed here on our way North to head home. It's in a decent location, the sites are level with full hook ups. The nighttime noise was bothersome, not sure where it was coming from, likely outside the campground. We didn't do the amusement park because of Covid and being almost below freezing. Maybe if we had, it would have been more appealing?

Dangerous Camp Site

We’re new campers. We’ve only visited state parks so far. This was our first KOA stay. This place was clean and the owners are constantly working and really nice. They showed us to our campsite and brought firewood to our site when we bought it in the store. They had a cute little general store and a play set for the littles. There is a pool for warmer weather. I only gave this campground two stars because of the location of our site. I camp with my two small children and the location of this site was simply unacceptable. Even if I was alone with my husband, I would have been terrified of this site. It was SO CLOSE to a main highway that I could reach out the back window and touch it with a broom! There were no trees or anything between our site and the road. There was no guard rail. If a car ran off the road, it would hit our camper. I didn’t sleep the whole time and wanted to leave early. Interior sites were okay. We won’t go back.

Loud drunk neighbors!

If you happen to have loud drunk neighbors, who party until 3:30 am, the hosts will not tell them to be quiet. Someone did call the sheriff, but no one came until 10 am the next morning. They woke the drunks up to tell them to be quiet, but they were allowed to stay in the park. I give it 2 stars because this is a beautiful park.

Busy this time of year

This time of year (hunting season) was full of bigger rigs and generators. The few spots that weren’t taken when we first got here eventually got scooped up by about 20 Boy Scouts. To say the least this campground was loud and crowded with not much to see or do. $5 for the night with a pay box but I never saw any rangers coming through to check. Toilets were clean but no water source Every campsite did have its own fire ring and picnic table.

Great stop if you’re looking for amenities

Stayed for one night, the tent sights were flooded so they put us in an RV spot. The fire pit was clean and ready for use. The bathrooms were spotless, you could eat in there if you’re into that sort of thing. Over all nice places

Hidden Gem

Nice spot within the Nature preserve. Sites are close but not on top of each other. Paved but not necessarily level. The cleanest and most well designed bathrooms I’ve ever seen in a campground. Lots of great hiking trails throughout the preserve. Level boxed in pads for tenters in a separate area from RVs as well as sites that can be packed out to. On a visit during COVID it was open but limited. Set on the beautiful Lake Wylie, surrounded by marinas and large beautiful lakeside homes. Well designed for fishing, boating, gatherings and picnics. It feels so remote but is literally minutes from the full metropolis of Charlotte, NC. A must see for at least a day hike if you are in the area or camping if you have the chance.

Clean, safe and friendly

Campground has trails and fishing in walking distance.  It is always packed.  No alcohol permitted.