Camping in Okome

308 Reviews of 62 Okome, Pennsylvania Campgrounds

Michelle L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Peace for Mind, Body & Soul

We were at the Lower Campgrounds. It was perfect. It was so quiet and peaceful, did not even notice other campers around. (I can’t speak for the Daggett Run side though). Bathhouse was very clean. Had a good time fishing at the lake and stopping for ice cream at the beach shop is a must!

Samantha H.
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

Beautiful Place

I first made my way out to Worlds End for some solo camping about 5 years ago and fell in love with the place. My most recent trip at the beginning of May 2021 did not disappoint. I felt immensely safe, plus it was very clean and very quiet. Respectful neighbors. Truly beautiful grounds, wonderful…

Christopher E.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Nice Camp in the Mountains

We tent camped and they had openings on Memorial Day weekend. The weather turned out to be bad for camping but management was very accommodating with our requests to change dates and spots. Unlike many campgrounds that cater primarily to campers/RVs, they have nice spots in wooded areas for…

SiteRed Oak #4
Bri G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Beautiful and not too busy

Beautiful and surrounded by gorgeous PA, and close to the town of wellsborough. It's a short 10-20 minute drive to the nearby towns with the amenities you may need, and with cute tourist stops! There where various trails, the PA Grand Caynon, and waterfalls/water stops to enjoy.

SiteGrassy and tree covered campsite
Robyn B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Close to rails to trails, quiet and peaceful

We go here every year. Electric hook up, and very nice tent sites along creek. Does get crowded on nice weekends but mostly families. A short drive down to pine creek rails to trails. Beautiful ride through creek canyon. Nice little store at entrance, and several hikes from park.

AdventureStang The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

No service

We pulled in to camp for the weekend, nice location right on the creek. I work online so service is a must. Initial thoughts were, clean quiet, not very secluded, if we didn’t need phone service it would have been perfect place to camp

AdventureStang The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

Nice campground, caring hosts

We called the campground around 5:30, we were an hour away. She said no big deal just give me a call when you get here. We arrive and she takes care of us and sells us a nice bundle of firewood. The campground has excellent service, I work online so that was a relief. Full bars on at&t and…

• Decent amount of firewood for $6
  • The electric site we were at only had this kind of plug. Also had water
  • family bathroom
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Peaceful and modern

Tent pads are a luxurious, soft wood mulch. Campsites are lovely and semi-private, due to low-lying shrubbery. The restroom and shower facilities are updated and extremely clean. The hikes and views are absolutely stunning, and very challenging. We love to jump in the swimming hole as a reward for…

• One of several impressive vistas
  • A bit of exploring turned into an impromptu jump in the creek
  • Our first family camping trip
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Clean and very quiet

Very nice park it was clean and quiet. Lots to do for all ages. We stayed here in May and went to cherry springs state park to star gaze it was amazing

David L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

Quiet well maintained & beautiful lake

We enjoyed our stay. Boat launch appeared well maintained. All hook ups in good condition, site was level. Plenty of privacy between campers.

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 11, 2021

Beautiful campground and state park

This state park is incredibly beautiful. Tail pine and hemlock trees separate the spacious campsites. Bathrooms are spotless clean. Friend Friendly park staff. Swimming, hiking, MTB trail.

Jorden T.
Reviewed May. 6, 2021

Stars galore

I went with 2 of my best friends and the stars were magnificent! Saw multiple shooting stars as well! The campsites are a little too open and close for my liking but the area in general is beautiful! So many hiking trails as well with hills and water!

Siteunsure
Month of VisitOctober
G
Reviewed May. 3, 2021

Gorgeous getaway

We had an abnormal wind advisory warning from NWS on April 30th and almost didn’t go. But we courageously went anyway and much to my surprise it was quite peaceful. Some occasional gusts the first night but after that it was very serene. Campsites are great, we had one of the pet sites. Close to…

• waterfall across street
  • trails are well marked
  • site #14
SiteSite 014, Loop A
Mark S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Great weekend getaway

Clean grounds, well kept, enjoyable trip for the whole family. Will definitely be back.

SiteV11
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2021

good family time

kids loved it. was a nice get away for the time we were there. lots of things to do.