Fires Unknown
No Water Hookups
Colton Point State Park is located in Pennsylvania
6 Reviews of Colton Point State Park
Rustic

Small sites with porta potty’s, did not stay found another campground

I love this place!

I love this camping area! I used to go with my school when i was in high school. And since i graduated i have always enjoyed coming back to this wonderfull place! It is full of adventure and just a great place to camp!

Awesome place to camp

This was our first camping trip of the summer and damn did we pick a good spot. I loved that you can pick your own tucked away spot within the camp area but yet still close enough to other people. ~$20 a night which isn't to bad. Hiking trails close by, wish I brought my fishing pole to fish down in Pine Creek. Water was low enough the weekend we went, we crossed the river and hiked some of the rails to trail pathway. Bathrooms are an easy 5min walk or just pee in the woods lol. Overall awesome campground. Beautiful views just 2 minute walk away overlooking PA Grand Canyon

West Rim Best Rim

Unlike Leonard Harrison, Colton Point on the western rim of the Pine Creek Gorge isn't a tourist hub. The campsites are private and you get to hike in (varying amounts of distance.) The trails aren't built up with steps and the like, but I think the Colton Point Turkey trail is much more manageable even without them. You can connect to the West Rim Trail if you'd like. My only warning is that I managed to get turned around on the trails, nothing too serious, but I recommend a reliable map.

Nice!

Great hiking with great views!

It's pricey, but beautiful.

For whatever reason it's expensive to stay at this state Park. It doesn't have modern bathrooms, and you can't pre-book your stay. But nonetheless it's absolutely awesome. I love the walk in sites. They take a small hike so don't over pack! There is so much that this park has to offer. So many hikes, so many scenic overlooks. I highly suggest this parks Turkey trail. Unlike Lenard Harrison's trail it's not so easy for EVERYONE to access, so you won't see near as many tourists. It's a rougher climb but you follow a small stream filled with waterfalls down into the canyon. I would absolutely recommend visiting.