Camping in Cowanesque Lake

161 Reviews of 31 Cowanesque Lake, Pennsylvania Campgrounds

Candi S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Nice area

Campground was nice but, spot are very close together.

Sara M.
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Pretty and quiet

This camp ground has a beautiful waterfall you can hike up to and swim in, also the sites are nice and have everything you'd need

K
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Christmas tradition

Worlds End is one of my favorite parks. I love staying in a cabin for Christmas. Park is very clean, nice bathrooms. Lots of trees for privacy and great trails. If you have never been this one should definitely be on your list. Almost all the cabins are right next to the stream. Falling asleep to…

Month of VisitJanuary
Tucker B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Cool Place for Exploring the PA Grand Canyon!

We lucked out and grabbed a spot for a night on 4th of July.

No fireworks to speak of (just a few friendly neighbors with sparklers), but it was perfect for exploring the gorge.

The hike down to the river was steep but manageable (could be trickier after a heavy rain).

Wish we would've brought…

Nick  O.
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2021

Nice place

Initially we booked site 97. Upon arrival we found out that 97 is no longer a camp site. We were moved to site 14 thankfully they had one spot available for a fully booked weekend.

Our site 14 was nice and large had some shade from trees. The camp ground had trash cans available in multiple…

M
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

Summer Weekend

Stayed for the weekend at site 25 at the lower campground. Site was next to the bathrooms but no problems noise. Nice and quiet overall. Bathrooms were very clean with nice hot water in the showers. There are pit toilets but they are well maintained and there was no smell even though it was hot…

Reviewed Jul. 10, 2021

Very relaxed atmosphere.

I enjoyed our stay. Electric only, so be prepared to transport water from available spigots. Lots of things to do from paddling and fishing to hiking trails or learning about the dam. There is an observation deck and ball fields available.

Site27 and 10
a
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Acceptable

The campground was in a good location minutes from Watkins Glen and many, many wineries. It was clean, the staff was polite and the bathrooms were fine. So basically it hits all the must haves. My only issue was that it is basically a parking lot with a whole lotta RV’s crammed into it. I guess I…

• just outside of the campground
  • beautiful finger lakes just across the street
tThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Taughannock Falls State Park

Nice Campground. Stayed in electric only site. Electric worked fine. Site was nice and level, yet short. State park was very nice. Of course, the falls are wonderful.

Reviewed Jun. 25, 2021

Nice lake

We stopped for 2 nights and felt so comfortable we added another 2 nights. Nice lake for kayaking and fishing. The finger lakes trail runs through the campground. Did a 5.5 mile hike up Pennsylvania Hill today. A little road noice and no water hookups.

Site27 and 10
Michelle L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Peace for Mind, Body & Soul

We were at the Lower Campgrounds. It was perfect. It was so quiet and peaceful, did not even notice other campers around. (I can’t speak for the Daggett Run side though). Bathhouse was very clean. Had a good time fishing at the lake and stopping for ice cream at the beach shop is a must!

H
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Cute, family oriented campground

They have games for the kids, a small playground, bingo games for the adults, movie nights, clean outhouse restrooms, and a nice atmosphere. I would definitely camp here again.

Samantha H.
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

Beautiful Place

I first made my way out to Worlds End for some solo camping about 5 years ago and fell in love with the place. My most recent trip at the beginning of May 2021 did not disappoint. I felt immensely safe, plus it was very clean and very quiet. Respectful neighbors. Truly beautiful grounds, wonderful…

Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Beautiful pine tree setting

What a great campground. Family friendly, beautiful atmosphere, nice roomy sites, great pool and kids get to ride their bikes all over and feel safe. I’ll be back!

M
Reviewed May. 20, 2021

Wonderful place to visit!!

Beautiful setting...loved the sunsets, kid friendly, pool well maintained, Catch and Release Pond was lots of fun...the store is big and plentiful!! Will definitely return each season!!!

• life is good!!