Berlin, PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Berlin Camping Reviews
Awesome Site!

Just took our 1st trip to Rocky Gap. Very happy with the site, the bath house, and the park itself. Looking forward to going back soon.

We got lucky! 🍀

My boyfriend and I planned a roadtrip on a whim & we happened upon Green Ridge State Forest. We were not sure what to expect and if we would even find a solid spot, but clearly our last minute planning served us well. The best spots are found at the end of the long road (I recommend traveling 4x4) and offer complete seclusion in nature. This site not only boasts a large space, but a picnic table and fire pit!

Nice Campground

We rented space 16 late August 2020 and our friends (and their kids) rented #17 on the inner circle, right next to us with the playground right behind us. Great spots! Our kids were within easy eye and earshot of the playground. We had 30A electric and fresh water (no sewer). Our picnic table was (nearly) brand new composite material and easy to move around. The host was right across from us and very friendly. The campground also had a nice shower just a few spots from us and my wife said it was clean with large stalls. The lake level was high because of the dam nearby so fishing was non-existent, but it was peaceful and pleasant. Verizon cell coverage was 2 bars, at best. Don’t follow the GPS directions because it will take you down a wrong road and around to the main road. Instead, stay on Bush Road all the way to the campground entrance site. One of our favorite spots this season. Worth a repeat. I’d give it 5 stars if it had a sewer hookup.

Great, spacious, clean campground!

Hickory Hollow's campsites were nicely spaced out, perched on a hillside, but with nice flat pads.  The lake and farm country provided a welcoming and relaxing setting.  The trail around the lake was perfect for running or walking.  A small but convenient off-leash dog area was also a wonderful amenity.  And last but definitely not least, the bathhouse was clean and easy to access.  Would definitely stay here again.

Amazing views, fantastic campground

Absolutely blown away by this campsite. A bit wary going in because I saw some negative reviews about the waterfront sites but site 79 was AMAZING. Perfect views of the lake and very spaced out. Never felt like we were on top of our neighbors and even though people did cut through the back of the site (at the waters edge) the site was so spacious it didn't really bother us. Honey wagon services were incredibly helpful throughout the week and we had a wonderful experience renting a pontoon boat from the marina. For the price, this campsite/resort is a must and we can't wait to return.

Great last minute find.

Arrived at 10pm after a bust on our original spot for the night.. spoke to the owner and he said c'mon up and well get you set up. Ended up staying 2 nights as the views were great. Flat spots with very little work to set up a class c. Don, the owner, is a classic. Such nice people and a great view of valley below. If you find yourself near this spot this is a good safe spot to make a stop.

Loved it!!

Used lot 73 for a 26ft hybrid camper. Fit perfectly! It was flat, large, clean and right by the creek. The kids loved playing in the water. Very quiet and relaxing! Many other sites/options for 26ft ish size camper. Highly recommend!! Will be returning many times!

Great for families

I gave it a 5 star for many reasons. First the campground is clean and made us feel like we were in a forest not just a campground. Secondly, the tent sites were completely level with no need to worry about rolling down a hill in my sleep, I slept great. Thirdly, the campground was so close to the nature that we wanted to see. We went to see the falls and they were within walking distance from our campsite. Overall, it was an awesome place to camp. The grounds had paths everywhere and were well kept. I didn’t feel like I was walking in the dirt or through someone’s campsite to get to the bathroom or the playground for the kids. It was our first camping here and in Maryland for that matter, and we would love to go back.

Beautiful mountain area. Lake is beautiful! Nice hiking trails.

Nice Campground with Full Hookups

Nice campground next to Chestnut Ridge Park (great pond swimming & newt catch/release as well as summer folk music concerts on Sat when not COVID). Also 5 minutes from Coopers Rock (great lookout, awesome trails, old clay furnace- pictured).

Full Hookups, generous spots for larger RVs. Owners are very nice and helpful. Gets booked up for holiday & football weekends because of limited full h/u in area.