Berlin, PENNSYLVANIA
Most Recent Berlin Camping Reviews
river side camp site

beautiful campsite and loved the sound of the river as white noise!

RV Sites On the River

Located on the Youghiogheny River. Many full hookups, great play ground for the kids. New pool, but not open when we stayed. Staff make multiple rounds, picks up your trash and delivers your purchased firewood. Personally takes you to you site and helps you back in/pull in. The only thing we didn’t care for was the fire rings are all in sight of each other. Like a row parallel to the sites all the way down the line; not much privacy while cooking or enjoying your fire. I don’t know if the River was just low, but the ramp for entering/exiting with your kayak stopped before river getting to the river’s edge. It was very muddy after the ramp, so it was slick getting to the river and we sunk into the mud several inches; had been raining and rained on/off that weekend.

All in all a thumbs up and we will likely be returning.

Extremely dispersed sites

The sites are very spread out, and not very consistent in size/quality. We were able to nab site 112 and it was fantastic: lots of space, and privacy too. It was next to a road, but one with very little traffic. However, we drove past some sites that looked sad and offering no seclusion.

Personally I think the seclusion is well worth the price, but it's worth mentioning that to get potable water we had to drive ~20 minutes. Same deal as far as the for-better-or-worse, but we had no cell service at all for most of the area.

Finally, the Cornucopia Café just outside the park is A MUST VISIT. Inventive menu, friendly staff, outdoor seating, we were pleasantly surprised and will return.

Ok

It had plenty of stuff for the kids to do but had a horrible smell. The site wasnt wasnt great either. It was a steep drop on the pull out. Twisted my stabilizer jack.

Quiet and peaceful

The owner is very friendly and helpfull. The location on the water adds for a great view. Electric only.

Great campground

Electric only. The lake is nice. Bathhouses are clean and in good shape. The beach is really taken care of. Quiet.

Very peaceful

Very peaceful and friendly place, bathhouse are extremely clean

Great place!!!

Really loved this campground! Had a blast with my family here on a family reunion trip. Here are a few things I loved about this place:

1. Hiking- some gorgeous hikes nearby!! The views are amazing, and the trails are in great condition. My pup loved these hikes, too!

2. Campsite is clean! Nothing makes me happier than a clean campsite. There are dumpsters where you can dump your trash which I think helps a ton! There is also a picnic table and fire ring. We enjoyed making s’mores at night and sitting around the campsite! Also the campsite spots are well separated. We didn’t feel like we were right on top of each other.

3. Biking trail- we brought our mountain bikes and enjoyed some great biking with the family and dog!

4. Road was great to the campsite. We have been to a few campgrounds where the road leading to the place is horrible and needs high clearance. This wasn’t the case.

If you go during the summer, definitely bring bug spray. We had some and used the whole bottle because the mosquitos were so bad!!

Water Nearby

I wouldn't give this campsite a super high review by any means. The campsite itself is pretty run down, and small. The great thing about this place was that the Evitts Creek was nearby, which was great for cooling off. My family and I visited Maryland one summer because we have family that lives in the area, and decided to do some camping the last part of the trip. This was one of 2 places we stayed. We did some hiking around the area- Evitts Mountain is close by and provides some really great views. They do have quiet hour in the park, I believe it starts at 10pm. You can not bring firewood in the campground. You basically have to use collected items from the ground to start your fire. Also, I brought a hammock, but was told we couldn't tie anything sort of rope to the trees, just FYI. There is a table and grill on each site as well, which is always nice. You can reserve your spot online, or pay at the station there. We only stayed 1 night here, and I think it was $20 for 8 max in a campsite. We split the cost between 2 families.

Family friendly

All the amenities a family comes to love about Yogi Bear parks but this park by far is the friendliest one we have stayed at. From the minute we drove to the gate everyone was welcoming. We stayed in the new camping Wagon which was so much fun. Kids loved it. This park has so much to due. Love that there is 2 pools so you can relax wo all the hustle and bustle of water slides and pirate ships. Was a great quick trip.

Go all the way up the hill

We stayed here 9/2018 at site #10 and can't wait to return. There is a small campground just by the entrance that has a small store and electric sites with RV hookups. Site 10 was at the campground at the top of the hill, sparsely populated, and had beautiful views beyond the trees. There were toilets and drinking water, but no electricity. Each site had a fire ring and a picnic table. Trails were well maintained, but be warned that the overlook is crowded.

Awesome

Awesome campground with cool trails and rock formations to explore.

Great place

Lots of weekend events and bingo at the camp store, friendly helpful staff! Great sites!

Pretty spots to camp with lots of room

Nice campground and very easy to find spots along the property to camp. Owner was very friendly and made it easy to book some nights on short notice. Good campground to do your thing and not be bothered.

Clean and Friendly place

Can be crowded during summer times but always clean and well maintained. Everybody is very friendly and great place to fish with young children.

Awesome kid friendly campground!!

Got a nice secluded spot to camp in the wooded area that had a amazing mountain views and the star gazing platform. Kids had a great time and lots of activities for them to do!

Beautiful!

I have lived in Maryland my whole life and just recently experienced the beauty of New Germany State Park. The park is full of very tall pine trees. The campground is well maintained and the Rangers were very friendly. The sites are well maintained although some are close together with not a lot of privacy thus the 4 star rating. I stayed at site 28 which was backed by a large wooded area. It was however a hike to the bathhouse. The bathhouse was fine, clean enough but could have used a bit of an update. I did not use the shower so I can't tell you what it was like. The weather was crazy the one night I stayed! Thunderstorms turned to ice turned to snow which made the area even more beautiful!

Must See Sunsets

This is the largest state forest in West Virginia, it has a total of 25 sites that vary in their privacy. Each site has electrical hookups, picnic tables, fire grates, and utility post. The sites in the middle of the loop lack privacy that the outer loop sites have. There is one bath house that has hot showers, flush toilets, water spigots, and now WIFI. Pets are allowed but must be kept on a leash. There are gravel pull-ins for the sites, there are a couple of pull through sites for RVs.

The campground gets busy during the fall because it is so close to Morgantown and Mountaineer games. There are lots of hiking trails, coopers rock is definitely a must to see during sunset. Ravens rock is also a beautiful look out trail. Rock climbers have a lot of rock outcroppings on short trails for climbers to utilize. Fishing, biking, and hunting are also popular activities that can be done here.

Nice, but worn campground

This is an older campground that has not had sufficient maintenance in recent years. Several examples include: 1) restrooms don't work, 2) roads need more gravel, 3) drainage is poor, etc. On wet days, I have slipped and slid going to and coming from the campsite, and in the campsite. Because restrooms don't work, there is a hike or car ride to one that does work. The campground staff are nice folks who are helpful. Unfortunately, they do not do a late evening tour of the campground to quiet the groups who are in full party mode from their nearby whitewater raft trip.

Huge Campground with great beaches

The water in both lakes I visited were crystal clear! I liked that the campsites were not on top of one another but I think because this is such a nice campground it is also a popular campground. It was very busy and very noisy. Most definitely more of a family campground than a “back-to-nature” campground. It serve my purpose as a place to sleep for the night and I would visit again with my younger family because of all the activities, especially golfing, kayaking, and Casino, available but the naturalist in me would not appreciate as a getaway.

Friendly and personable!

I was traveling alone and was looking for something about an hour away when I used my Dyrt app to locate a recommended campground. Benner’s popped up near Ohiopyle State Park. I spoke with Mary Lou on the phone to make my reservations and she informed me she would be leaving at 5pm. Well, my GPS said I wasn’t due to arrive until 5:10 and, of course, there were delays. When I got there, well after 5pm, Mary Lou was waiting for me! I apparently was the only tent camper but still, she made sure I had everything I needed for my one might stay, and set me up close to the bathhouse. They were older but clean and well maintained as was the whole campground. They had a variety of cabins, some open year-round. Since it was off season the pool was closed but that just made want to come back in the summer. There also was a putt-putt course and a star-gazing point/trail. Looks like there were also rustic campsites but I would call to be sure if that is your preference. This is mainly an RV Park but plenty of tent with electric and water sites. Plenty of wildlife!!!! As I already mentioned, it’s close to the state park as well as Falling Waters, a Casino, and a great coffee shop.

We LOVED Camping Here

We had a blast camping here and we went when it was 15 degrees out. So, we were a little hesitant at first but we had a lot of fun. Bring your bikes if you have them. It's a lot of fun to bike around and to bike into the little town. I recommend going when the leaves are changing!

There are better places

Stayed here one night. They charge per site, not per person. So depending on how many people you have, it is sometimes cheaper. The sites aren't that well taken care of and theres garbage in the firepits often.

Great camground

This place is wise open and there is room everywhere. It is on the banks of the Cheat River, so if you plan to whitewater kayak the cheat canyon, you're camped right at the put in.

Great little campground

Right on the bank of the the Muddy river and a short 2 minute walk to the Cheat River. This is also right next to the Cheat River Festival grounds. The sites are all super open, so if you want privacy, this isn't the place for you, but except during festival weekends, there won't be a lot of people around. The bathrooms are super clean and always restocked with toilet paper, soap and hand towels. There is fresh water on the side of the bathroom building. Spotty at best cell phone service, so check your email before getting there. This campground is also where most whitewater kayakers kayaking the Cheat Canyon stay.

Sardines camping

If you like camping right next to another group and being packed in like sardines, this is the place for you! You'll be about 15 feet away from the group next to you. They do have quiet hours though, so if you want super quiet camping…you'll like it here. Because it is also a PA state park….you can't legally drink alcohol here. But if you put it in a different container and don't make a lot of noise….nobody seems to bother you. The bathrooms are clean, but you have to drive to them if you want to use the bathrooms before it starts running down your leg….the walk is far.

You can pretty much do anything you want here....within reason

If you want to have a big party, this is the place to do it. Call in advance and reserve one of the sites that is up the hill farther away from people. They also have 2 shelters (1 small/1 big) that both have electricity, but bring an extension cord and a socket with a plug to screw into a lightbulb socket. Some of the sites are more primitive than others. If you're the type of person that wants everything prim and proper this is not the place for you. Their bathrooms are a little worse than wear….but they do have toilet paper and running water, so that's better than most places. They have private showers too, but I'd recommend wearing sandals in there. The camp store they have in the main building doesn't have much…but they do have candy and stuff for smores. You can also get wood there, either by a small load or by the truck bed size. They'll deliver it to your site if you want. They take Credit Cards too.

Great for families

Great for families to get away. Quiet and scenic, great trails. Close to lake and fishing

Very convenient to freeway, near casino!

The drive to Rocky Gap is really relaxing, and a good view of the casino from across the water. There is also lots of space for picnics and celebrations. There are several places to rent a canoe, but have to from outside the park.

Naturist Campground

My favorite campground in WV.

Are you a naturist? If so, you would enjoy Avalon Resort.

If not, you might not feel comfortable.