Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 60 ft.
South Beach is located in Oregon
32 Reviews of South Beach
july/august 2016

had an awesome time with my family. great park, have to say we were fortunate to have not experienced the "mutant mosquitoes" that others had to deal with, actually i dont remember having an issue whatsoever with any bugs while there. the prices are really good compared to the other sites in the area. bathrooms/showers taken care of multiple times/day. park very clean. although greener grass wouldve been nice, but we didnt spend alot of time at the camp due to far too many activities within 30 min in any direction. would highly recommend this park to EVERYONE!!

Awesome Park, Monstrous Mosquitoes

Ok here's the deal. I LOVE South Beach. It's an amazing campground that is at the beach, biking distance to town (and the aquarium and Rogue Brewery), and it is always very well taken care of. HOWEVER… This year there are the meanest and nastiest mosquitoes I've ever seen. They swarm like angry bees, and they are the size of small birds. I wish I was exaggerating! We had to go to town to buy the deepest woods (40% DEET… yuck) spray and that only kept them from going full vampire on us for a few minutes.

I hope they get this figured out. The park is too good not to visit. But be careful and don't get carried away by the flocks of mutant mosquito-birds!