The best DRIVE IN camping near
Sunbury , OHIO

Most Recent Sunbury Camping Reviews
Great Trails

This is a park I have hiked at several times but this is the first time camping here. It a very limited campground. Only 17 electric sites and 43 primitive sites. The restrooms are pit toilets and there is no shower house. What they lack in amenities they make up for in scenery. They offer 10 hiking trails 9.7 miles of mountain bike trails. Also a disc golf course and playground. They are also close to the town of Yellow Springs which offers shopping, dining, and even its own brewery. Also some other area attractions are Young’s Jersey Dairy, Brandenberry Winery, Clifton Mills and Stillwrights Distillery.

Was not impressed

We stayed here last year, was not happy about our site. It was not level. We managed but I was ready to leave when I got there. Was not a happy camper. Will not go back.

Largest campground ever

The reason I gave this campground 4 stars instead of 5 is because I find it to be mostly an RV campground. There are not any "tent only" sections which is really disappointing. Since every site has electric, they are all RV accessible. For an RV'er this place is paradise but if you're a tent'er that likes to get away from them, it will be impossible here. There are a few campsites that sit a litter further away from others.

All that being said, we were here early in the season and it was probably at 25% capacity so we still had plenty of peace and quite in our tent. The campground was extremely clean. It's a bikers paradise because of how large it is (we ended up biking 20 miles on our Huffy's just to see the place). There's a number of trails. We did one which was really nice but in need of some trail maintenance. Bathrooms were numerous, clean, and modern. I didn't shower but the sink's water was extremely hot so the showers should be too.

We wrote down our favorite sites and will definitely return as a "local" camping trip but I still wish they had a tent section.

High quality modern campground

We’ve stayed here multiple times, good electric & water service with clean bath houses. This time we stayed as a group in loop G, sites 210, 211, 212. They were awesome wooded sites with paved parking, good drainage, low traffic. Had 20, 30, & 50A service. Water station is next to site 210. Any site 200-212 would be a nice site if camping alone. When scheduling through website, each picture of the site is attached to help you book.

Unexpected happy surprise!

Have waited six months into our RV life to start reviews for fair comparisons. Spent 3 nights. Loved our spot (a fellow camper asked if we knew the mayor to get it…we don’t). Some hiking right from the site. Access down the trails to the water. Loved the bat boxes along the trails by the local boy scouts. Great dog walking areas. Very quiet, low capacity. Thoroughly enjoyed the nearby Ntl Museum of the USAF.

Maybe they get better later in the season

It’s a KOA, but even for a KOA this one was sub-par. Granted, we visited in late March, and they may not have been at peak season form. But… The entry road is one lane. If you meet another vehicle someone has to back up. That’s just poor design. The roads in the campground need grading. Lots of holes and ruts. The site we were given wasn’t level, and it took a bit of maneuvering to get level. The “dog park” was a mud hole. The internet was extremely slow. And, like all KOAs, sites are very close together! However, on the plus side, the showers, bathrooms and laundry were Done all clean and neat. They have a pool (not open when we visited). Also a large playground, jumping pad and a small store. There was also grass between sites, instead of gravel, which is unusual for a KOA.

Quiet but close

Wonderful gem close to Caesar’s Creek and historic Waynesville. Sites are level with plenty of shade.

Friends and Fun

Great time with Great People! Very family oriented place. Pool is heated, spacious. Cornhole, playgrounds, basketball available. Live music on weekend. Walking trails to lake. Will be back!

Fun and Friendly

Very welcoming campground with many seasonal RVs. Everyone was friendly throughout the stay. Multiple fishing spots for young and old. Pool was relaxing with laid back feel. Would return.

Horrible booking site

We stayed one night at Winton Woods because it was close to friends we were visiting. We needed to stay on a Monday night and tried all weekend (Sat and Sun before) to book a site online. Both the mobile site and the full website didn’t work. There’s a number listed to call “if you’re having trouble booking online”, but of course the office was closed all weekend and didn’t open until Monday. It states that there are no same day reservations, which gave me a lot of stress all weekend not knowing if we were going to be able to book a site. Luckily on Mon morning they let me book over the phone. The campground was mostly open and when I was asked if I wanted a back in site or a pull through, I told them a back in would be fine (I like to leave the pull through for the bigger RVs that need them). When we arrived, we found that none of the back in sites had been plowed! All of the pull through sites were plowed and there were plenty open. It would have been nice for the gentleman on the phone to tell me that when I was booking. Instead we struggled to get into and out of our site and had to walk very carefully around our RV when hooking up and disconnecting. This is a great place for people that live in the city to escape, but we probably won’t stay again. No privacy between sites. And booking was the worst I’ve had at any campground. It is a very pretty urban park though.