The best BOAT IN camping near
New Madison , OHIO

Most Recent New Madison Camping Reviews
Great Campground

With this being my first time camping, I don’t have much to compare it to, but I really enjoyed my stay! I had spot 66 (non-electric standard) and I just had my tent and my car and I would definitely pick that spot again! It was absolutely stunning over looking the water with the trees turning colors. I went the first weekend in October so they had a lot of families there because they had all sorts of Halloween activities going on, so it wasn’t very quiet, but I still enjoyed myself. Got in on a Thursday and it was decently quiet that day. They have some play areas for kids, a few hiking trails and a wetlands, but most people were fishing and kayaking. There is a store, but I didn’t go in. Tons of spots to camp, from very secluded to right in the middle of the action. Very family friendly place. I think some small rules were broken here and there by some of the families, but it was just little things, so no harm no foul. Overall a great campground!

I like it so far

Just joined.  Trying to find any city park or visitor centers permitting camping.  I know they are out there but not well known.  Easy to use.  Love the fact I can use it if offline.  I'll review in a few weeks when I actually need it.

2nd time with new camper

This was our second time here but with our new camper. Great location of pull through sites for families with kids because of proximity to playground. This will be a regular spot for us in the coming years.

Cheap

Great fishing, clean lake.

Great place

Super quiet, good fishing

Fun campground for pop-up campers

My wife and I had a great time visiting Hueston Woods and visiting the Raptor Center. Located north of Cincinnati along Ohio’s border with Indiana.

We stayed here with our pop up camper and felt right at home. The bathrooms and shower houses could use some updates and there were no full hook up sites when we went but our site was nice and quiet.

Our dog, loved the miniature golf and visiting Acton Lake.

Large Park

Pros and Cons to this park…lots of hiking trails, beautiful lake and very clean large sites. The down side is there is a lot to due but the park is so spread out you have to drive everywhere. We went to visit the Pioneer Village ( building were closed due to COVID ) but we were still able to walk around the buildings. Also they have a spillway where you can collect fossils which was really cool but the village and spillway were both about 20 minutes from the campground.
I just don’t like parks where you have to drive everywhere. I like it when all of the attractions are within walking or biking distance.
We did like the campground and will definitely come back. They had good Verizon coverage which is something we now have to pay attention to since my husband works remotely.

Amazing and quiet location

A hidden gem , super quiet , low traffic and decent fishing

Had a great time!!

A great destination for the motorcycle camper! Some really fun country roads in the area, but close to the highway aswell! The grounds are well kept. While the place is family and kid friendly, there’s still a good time/party vibe goin on too!

Fun place! But…

We enjoyed our first trip to Brookville Lake. The camping area only provides a few areas with complete hookups. The area that we were in all the sites are on a slope which required a little extra setup than normal. The restroom/bath houses could use a total updating. They are a little rough and dirty. Don’t let this stop you from visiting, the lake is great and there is plenty to do.