Camping in Monticello

Great time

Kelly
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

Wildcat Woods Campground

Very clean and friendly! They have the nicest cleanest camp bathrooms/shower house I've ever seen. Fishing, pond swimming, trails

Sitenot sure
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Nice Rustic Stay

Booked last minute here and enjoyed our stay. We had the property mostly to ourselves - there was probably around 5 other camps here. The grounds are well kept but the buildings are starting to look a little rundown. The restaurant/ cafe, stage, and cave were closed while we were there. There is a…

• Large open area
  • Fishing pond
  • Campsite
J
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Our favorite state park

Best place ever.  Love the location and everything there is to do.  We always get a place near the boat dock and take our boat and waverunner.

G
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Fun!

Great for family fun. There are some toys to enjoy on the water.

Most campers are yearly campers.

Rachel C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Just OK

The staff was friendly, and good amenities.  Water and electric, playgrounds, swimming hole, fishing ponds...  On Saturday nights, they have a big kettle corn operation that was SO GOOD!  I think they also had a hay ride but we missed it.  The main things we did not like and the reason for 3 stars…

• swimming hole
  • decent shower
  • was never mopped, very dirty in person
hThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2021

Excellent option

Right in the center of Ft Wayne, IN is Johnny Appleseed Park and its accompanying campground. For $24, we got a day of drive in spot with electrical + water hook-ups and wifi. The campground is well-maintained and very clean. There is not a lot of space between the sites, but it’s still plentiful.…

Monte M.
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Very nice camp ground

We stayed there three nights had a very nice stay. They have alot of sites owners were very friendly people at the camp ground were all friendly. Nice lake, you can bring golf carts nice size camping lots. We will go back again great experience beautiful place.

SiteI think 31 not sure
Andy K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

I liked it

I spent one night here with my two dogs on Memorial Day weekend and I was much more impressed with this location than I thought I was going to be.

The park itself is very narrow and long, and stretches down the Maumee River bank.  It's very green with lots of trees and shade cover.  The paved…

J
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Best campgrounds around Bellefontaine

Great people who are not in your business every time you turn around. Extremely helpful with anything you need and they go the extra mile even if all you need is to dump your tanks.

Sitedump station
F
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Short trip for the zoo

Very straightforward reservation and check in process. The grounds are nice with a lovely river right across the street. Bathrooms are A+ with a code for only campers. I would definitely return here.

Site#18

Month of VisitOctober
Ashley R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 11, 2021

Good place

We had a really great time. The place has a pool and updated bathrooms. Nice trails and clean. The sites are kinda small in some areas though. The one section is like a parking lot. Your site is all asphalt your fire ring is even on the asphalt.

Drayton A.