The best GROUP camping near
Miamisburg , OHIO

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Miamisburg Camping Reviews
Meh

The owner was nice when we were there. Not much to do, playground was closed due to COVID, he also said the beach was closed. But most of the campers live there. Its mostly run down campers. Years ago it was a lot of fun, they used to have four wheeler trails and fireworks on the holidays. Maybe it’s just a rough year considering we’re in a pandemic. It’s close to home so we may go back, it makes it easy to care for the farm when you’re only a short drive down the road.

Great mountain bike trails for all levels, near town of Yellow Springs

The campsite is next to the 12 mile set of mountain bike trails.  It is a great mountain biking/camping getaway.  The trails are easy, so for all levels.  Nice camping for families.  There is also a very nice children's playground near the campsite.

Close to the town of Yellow Springs, Ohio.

The sites are close together and not much privacy, but convenient.

Facilities are fine and there are nice outdoor fireplaces.

The mountain bike trails are all-purpose so you can enjoy hiking them also.  They are very well-maintained.

Horse Campground - Great

I came here and stayed in my tent (family had their horse trailer with camper) for a night during the chilly nights of October. I wish all campsites were like these - very, very spread out!

Totally makes sense given that you have large horse trailers/campers and also horses at each site, but even then, they were very spread out and had lots of great space to actually enjoy nature.

In terms of trails, there was a starting access point at the horse campground for horseback riding trails that also led to the horse barn, but if you are wanting to hike, you have to drive, unfortunately. Another flaw is that the bathrooms in the horse campground aren't modern and they're pit toilets. Even with the cooler weather, they still wreaked and were not pleasant to use.

Very Nice Campground

Very nice and clean Campground. The lot we stayed in was a good size and was right on the spring. The staff was very friendly and helpful!

Nice location

Beautiful hiking, great views of the lake. Nice place to put a boat/kayak in the water. Downside, very few sites have water/sewer hookup. They do have locations to get potable water and a dump station on the way out of the park, we were just hoping to have a water hookup on site.

Beautiful setting, but...

For us this campground didn’t work, so much so we left after the first night of a 3 night stay and threw away $80 essentially. We had zero cell reception on both our ATT and T-Mobile phones (huge problem since my husband works from home), there was no water hookups (problem for a family of 6), and the nearest potable water you had to Drive careful to, and the grey tank dump closest to us was in the middle of the campground (couldn’t drive there, so not sure how that was supposed to work). If you want just electric and enjoy peaceful/quiet, this is probably okay for you, but for us we will not be returning nor recommending this campground.

Lovely, well maintained park.

Great tent sites on mowed lawn under old growth trees. Our night’s rest was interrupted multiple times with airport noise—airplanes and helicopters. Note that at this time (COVID) you cannot just pull in and occupy a site. You must call in for a reservation.

Very nice small park and campground

My wife and I love this small state park. There are two main camping areas, wooded and shaded for smaller rv’s, trailers, tenters while the other section caters to larger RV’s and Motor homes with pull thru and longer pads. This section does have some trees but mostly sunny. There is one main bath house that is quite nice and kept clean. Several restrooms are scattered throughout with flush toilets. Camp hosts are friendly and helpful and do a great job of keeping the campground clean when folks leave. There is a small camp store, though its been closed this summer. There are places to get firewood and prices vary from $5-20 per bundle or stack. Marina is on the other side of the lake but only rents small boats and pontoons. The lake is limited to 9.9 hp motors. OK fishing from the beach area and docks. There are a few hiking trails and they do have cabins that have been updated recently. We are there several times a year camping with our teardrop.

Great Campground

With this being my first time camping, I don’t have much to compare it to, but I really enjoyed my stay! I had spot 66 (non-electric standard) and I just had my tent and my car and I would definitely pick that spot again! It was absolutely stunning over looking the water with the trees turning colors. I went the first weekend in October so they had a lot of families there because they had all sorts of Halloween activities going on, so it wasn’t very quiet, but I still enjoyed myself. Got in on a Thursday and it was decently quiet that day. They have some play areas for kids, a few hiking trails and a wetlands, but most people were fishing and kayaking. There is a store, but I didn’t go in. Tons of spots to camp, from very secluded to right in the middle of the action. Very family friendly place. I think some small rules were broken here and there by some of the families, but it was just little things, so no harm no foul. Overall a great campground!

Big lake