Cambridge, OHIO

Camping Ohio Cambridge

Most Recent Cambridge Camping Reviews
Beautiful country

Beautiful trails, waters and scenery. We love tent camping here and it’s cheap! We hit this park every year for camping and lake days on the beach with friends!

mis guided

My wife and I were very disappointed after spending a lot of money for the first year seasonal.

If we could give a negative star rating we would. Asking for a couple of simple items to be taken care of "the wife" said either no or gave excuses. If you talked with the daughter and or the husband you would get another answer. the other two were much more positive. "The Wife" really needs not to be dealing with the public, or even speak to others at the campground as she is rude and demeaning to others. In fact, she runs the place like a prison camp!

The second seasonal contract they put out if someone really looked at it a little closer they would realize that the owners are not free from any type of recourse.

When you are told that any damage to your RV and or Camper is all on you when they have a tree that is rotting away and can fall on your RV and or Camper. They have zero liability. Yeah Right!!!

Let's not forget the flooding, since the whole campground is in a flood zone. If you have a seasonal site good luck with your camper not floating away.

We personally witnessed an electrical box catch fire, and then cause damage to a brand new camper.

The Campground has now gone to a card access system and if you are out with friends and come back you may not be allowed back in because you are out past a certain time frame. (Not confirmed by us but a conversation from another seasonal person)

Once again, "the Wife" will probably be the downfall to this campground. Just cause you are in Granville does not make you pristine.

We have talked with others that have seasonal sites that are looking at leaving to go somewhere else from there own dealings with "the wife".

I would not recommend this place even to someone I do not like.

Incredible Campground

The Owners are to what I would say in a huge transition stage for this campground. They are making major strides in not only making this a great place to go and stay for the weekend and all season. They have updated the electric, plumbing, the public bathrooms, the stage. Bonus they just opened up a new section that makes you feel like you are on your own piece of heaven.

I guess one of the most awesome things is you become family with others in the campground and everyone looks out for each other.

I have recommended this place to others and have had others come out to enjoy what this place has to offer. After making recommendations 2 of our friends have purchased campers and have become seasonal campers.

Family campground

Great sized campground. Some shady sites backed up to the woods.

Huge park

Lots of places to camp & explore. Trails near the water are incredible. Amazing family campground.

Small but pretty

Not a lot of sights but very pretty. Some gorgeous trails around the lake. Tiny camp store.

Big campground with lots of amenities

This is a nice state park with a ton of sites. We were there in late October and it was super quiet. There weren’t many people around at all which was kinda nice. They do have an awesome laundry facility with commercial washers. I definitely took advantage of that. There are basketball courts, playgrounds, a disc golf course, mountain biking trails, hiking trails– you name it! Tons of amenities here and the facilities are really nice. The nearby town of Zanesville has a lot of stores too if you need anything.

Small, cute, a-ok

This is a smaller state park. There is a lake (one of the smallest I've seen in a state park), some trails and a small campground. The spaces are pretty spread out, which is very nice. There is a big equestrian camping area, which is cool. If you kayak, you could spend about two hours exploring the different bends in the lake.

We stayed in the camper cabins, which are right at the edge of the campground- we could hear the freeway (I-70) the entire time. It even woke us up at night. The cabins have a view of the dumpsters and the dump station- not the prettiest view.

There are pit toilets, which are never great, but the ones nearest us had newish buildings, the first I've seen in Ohio state parks. The buildings themselves were clean, but the toilets were icky and needed to be hosed down. I never went in the shower house so I don't know if it was clean or not.

The worst part about our experience was that there was a group of cows somewhere nearby that were moaning in distress all of Saturday, Saturday night and Sunday morning. I enjoy agricultural sounds- the sound of a cow mooing every once in a while would make me happy. But these cows were bleating and moaning as if they were in danger. When it continued after sundown, I started worrying about them, so I googled it. It turns out that in the mid fall (when we were there), calves get taken away from their mothers, and the mothers will cry out in distress for days at a time. I wish I hadn't googled it. The sound was SO LOUD and so distressing. It drowned out any sound of owls or coyotes or anything else all night long- these cows were deafening.

So, I won't be back. Not much to do there once you've seen it, unless you camp with your horses- then I think it would be good.

Fall family fun

This small campground is very family oriented.  When we went in October, they had trick or treating for kids, a site decorating contest, and a fall festival with two corn mazes, hayrides, Gaga ball, a corn pit, pumpkin painting and lots more.  The employees were very friendly and helpful.  We stayed in one of the primitive campsites.  They were roomy with plenty of shade.

Perfect Weekend Getaway

Camped a long weekend for the fall festival. Campground was nice, quiet and people were friendly. Spots are roomy, with nice yard/fire space. Not all spots are full hook up, but some are. Shower houses are nice and clean. Had a lot of activities for the kids. Over all it was nice place, I would camp here again.