Canton, OHIO

Most Recent Canton Camping Reviews
Great Place to Escape.

Never a bad time here.

Very interesting.

Beautiful scenery, very large park, fishing, boat rentals, man made beach, loooong floating boardwalk, lots of trails, unique sites and tons of history. It was very fun walking around while learning some of the very old and somewhat creepy history. The lodge/hotel is beautiful and very old. Very nice looking cabins arranged in a little community. The park is very well maintained, has a nice playground and cute camp store. A good amount of secluded and shaded sites. Really cool "hill" sites that you have to hike up or down 20-100 feet to your wooded site. Wifey says the bathrooms were below average, outdated and very buggy (most important for her).

Cute campground

We chose this park because it was the closest one we could find that was still open with electric this time of year to downtown Pittsburgh. Also, because it had great cell/internet service on our hotspots and had a lot of trails. Unfortunately, it had been raining a lot so we weren’t able to explore the trails. The campground is nice– the toilets are just pit toilets and they do have a sun shower. They are on a well so there is limited water and they don’t allow you to fill up your on board tank. Make sure you fill up before you go! Also, there is a road in the park (Echo Dell Road) that RV’s/Trailers can’t go on so make sure you approach this campground from Leslie Road!

Lovely and quiet

When the campgrounds in the National Park were filled and I needed a place to land for the night, I ended up at Heritage Farms in a sunny shelter with a beautiful landscape of growing Christmas trees and gorgeous sunset. The shelter was clean, had a picnic table, and trash can. Porta johns were available, though not very close. It was a bit more expensive than many campgrounds at $35 per night but I was so happy and comfortable there that I thought it was worth it.

Nice spot overall

The site sits up on a ridge overlooking the scenic railroad. Not extremely private. You can see a parking lot and hikers walking by at the bottom. Being higher up on the ridge helped make it feel a bit more secluded. There’s a big container fire chamber, bathrooms and water down at the bottom. Overall we really enjoyed, would be back.

Fall family fun

This small campground is very family oriented.  When we went in October, they had trick or treating for kids, a site decorating contest, and a fall festival with two corn mazes, hayrides, Gaga ball, a corn pit, pumpkin painting and lots more.  The employees were very friendly and helpful.  We stayed in one of the primitive campsites.  They were roomy with plenty of shade.

Perfect Weekend Getaway

Camped a long weekend for the fall festival. Campground was nice, quiet and people were friendly. Spots are roomy, with nice yard/fire space. Not all spots are full hook up, but some are. Shower houses are nice and clean. Had a lot of activities for the kids. Over all it was nice place, I would camp here again.

Nice Family Owned Campground

Nice campground for family fun! Spent the weekend here with family and friends with little ones. They have nice spots lower down that are right by the river. They have a pool and playground. We like this spot since it is close to the Mohican river if you want to go tubing. Showers and bathroom were pretty decent.

Primitive Camping

I arrived here hoping a primitive site was still available and indeed two were! They allowed me to walk in and decide the site that I'd like. I was only there for the night, but enjoyed the atmosphere and the friendliness of the employees!

Primitive Camping