Camping in Sandy Ridge Terrace

211 Reviews of 20 Sandy Ridge Terrace, North Carolina Campgrounds

Cassandra R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Wonderful

This campground is wonderful. The entire park is. Lots of great hiking and things to do!

The only downside is that everyone else seems to know how great this spot is, and therefore it can be very crowded

Cassandra R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Nice dispersed campground

We have been coming to this campground for seven or eight years. We’ve camped here as tent and rv campers.

The campsites tend to be spacious and wooded- perfect for privacy and hammocks.

Once we were tent camping here, and woke up to a herd of deer on our site! There were seriously 10-15 deer…

Bryan H.
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

Can’t reach anyone!☹️

I have reach out to this location 3 times 2 times by phone and 1 time by email. However I have not received any response from them at all. I really want to see how this location is it appears nice…. The website states they are working with limited spots since they wanted first responders and such….…

Bryan H.
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2021

Nice getaway !

My wife and I have been hunting for a new close camp ground. We may have a winner! Midway RV is very clean, quiet and friendly. The pool is fantastic and close to areas to go shopping or sightseeing.

• front porch view
  • front porch view
  • pull thru sights
Gabby A.
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Great area to bring the fur babies!

It was a nice spot, big open camping spots that are first come first serve. The drive down the trail can be a bit much if you’re in a smaller car like we were, we had to drive slowly down because of all of the rocks. We didn’t catch any fish but I’m sure if you’re able to get out in the water via…

• At the water, about a 5 minute walk from our campsite
  • At the water, there were areas we let them off leash & explore, use caution of course. Our girl likes to explore, this picture was after she Houdini’d herself from her harness & we found her in the water. After that, we kept her off & it was generally easy to see where she was going as the area is pretty open.
  • At the campsite, both our babies had so much room to run around & play, I had my husky on a 30tf. leash & she did get tangled up a bit.
Sitetwo campsites before the Deep Water Trail, on the right
Dave V.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2021

Andy Griffith's favorite haunt with Helen Crump

I have driven past geological knob numerous times in my NC travels, but this time I was able to visit. I usually travel 'by the seat of my pants' and hope to find an available site and being early week I was able to easily secure a site.

Of the 42 campsites, less than a dozen were filled, so I had…

• Entrance Sign
  • Pretty self explanatory
  • Trail signage
Darrell W.
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2021

Great for a short trip

What a great campground. The bath house/restrooms are very nice and the campsite was very well shaded. The walk to the lake was not bad at all. We only stayed a couple of nights so we did not venture out much. Cool place to go

Elizabeth J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Great staff and large sites

Wonderful staff we were there from Monday (Labor Day) thru Wednesday so very quiet. I understand it is busy on weekends and holidays but we are lucky enough to camp during the week.

Site was large and very level. Bought new Anderson levelers and haven’t even had a chance to use them.

SiteI believe it was site C1. this is a new section.
Erin W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Pretty campground, great hiking, lame lake

Nice campground with spacious campground sites. If you like hiking... this park is perfect! Hanging rock is a beautiful spot.. go early cuz it gets busy. Lots of waterfalls as well.

But if you want the lake you’ll have to pay extra per person to use. As well as rent boats & boards...…

WThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Love this Park

I have stayed at Morrow Mountain many times over the last 10 years. It is close to home and very convenient for me. While the facilities are aged, they are clean and work well. And if you really want to be away it is great!! The cell service is very poor.

M
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Accommodating RV Campground

We’ve loved staying at Yates due to the flexibility and excellent communication of the owners. There aren’t really any extras here but if you’re just looking for reliable water/electrical/sewer and wifi near Charlotte this is a fantastic option.

Month of VisitMarch
Terri F.
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Into the woods

Nestled in the middle of NC is this great forest. There were lots of established camping spots. We picked a nice one near a stream. There was a lot of road traffic even late into the night. People were friendly when we saw them but everyone kept their distance.

SiteN/A
Skipper S.
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Well Done Campground

We stayed at site 84, and stayed in a tent. There was a fire pit, hang hook for trash, and plenty of shade on the tent pad. We had plenty of space between each site as well. Bathrooms were fine with decent water pressure and hot water. I liked the idea of the campground host who was just a few…

SiteLoop C site 84
bThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

Uwharrie campground

The State Forest has camping. We used our pop-up with a generator in rustic locations. There are hiking, horse, OHV, dirt bike, ATV, and mountain bike trails.

Jenn M.
Reviewed May. 20, 2021

Great Spot !

Lots to do.... hiking, ride bicycle, fishing and off road or just relax and take in the beautiful surroundings! P.s. Dogs are welcome!