The best GROUP camping near
Rolling Hills , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Rolling Hills Camping Reviews
Nice views but....

We stayed in July 2019. For a NC state park, some of the sites are a little close to each other. It is well known that NC parks do not allow alcohol, so we did not bring any.

The camp host was a little insulting with how they kept on checking on us over and over and over and reminding us that we can't drink. We weren't even playing music or making noise. And we weren't drinking. It was just the two of us, and we are experienced campers, so… We know better.

I'd go back and give it another try,but having to insist that we weren't breaking rules… I felt like a kid in Catholic school all over again and frankly, I do not go camping with the goal of re-living that.

Zoo land was amazing

I have stayed here twice now and still love this campground. We explored the creek and walking path. The kids loved the jumping pillow.

Great Place for a Short Weekend Getaway!

Pros: • Most of the B sites are in a nice wooded setting. • There’s plenty of trails to walk during the day. • Very quiet even though the sites are pretty close together. • There’s a Food Lion and Gas Station 10 minutes away if you forget anything. • Clean bathhouses with hot water.

Cons: • Our site (B20) was reaaally uneven but we made it work for 2 tents! • If you tent camp in the B lot, the bathhouse is a bit of a walk. • You have to bring your own firewood or buy it ($5 a bundle) - gathering firewood from the woods is not allowed. • Water is shared between sites.

Great Camping but... Why are so many people trashing the place?

First of all.. this place is FREE to camp at and surrounded by beautiful water, beautiful trees and the ancient rock of Uwharrie. A lovely place that we are so lucky to have access to… BUT. People. Why? Why are there piles of trash being left at campsites? I bagged up 4 large bags of garbage that some college aged kids just left. There are so many campers leaving piles upon piles of their camping trash out here.

Beautiful park, nice campground, sites a little tight

We spent three nights at Hagan Stone

The pros - the park itself is BEAUTIFUL.  In fact, it is one of the nicest city parks we have ever visited.   Staff were friendly. And the grounds and facilities were well maintained.

The cons - we stayed in loop C which is basically an open field.  That was fine but the sites are very close together.  Also, there is one water connection for each two sites so would advise bringing a splitter.

Loop C also did not have fire pits and ground fires were not allowed so if staying in this section, you should bring a raised fire pit.

Loop B did appear to have fire pits had very few sites that would hold a rig of our size (39’ Travel Trailer) and would be very difficult to navigate.

Can’t Go Wrong!!

This was my first trip in my newly converted van, and it was more than I had hoped. Amazing views, clean bathrooms, hot showers, quiet neighbors, and a welcoming owner!! I have no complaints! If you’re in the area, definitely check it out. I would say it’s the best view of the mountain there is. Can’t say enough how great it was. Will definitely return!

Friendliest and Nicest

My husband and I did a South East Tour this winter and stayed at 12 RV Parks. The folks at River Walk RV were the most accommodating pleasant people we ran in to. The  "Welcome Bag" was a nice touch and very appreciated. No other park offered such a nice token.

The campground itself was not finished, however the potential and direction they are going in is spot on. There is a nice walking path along the river. It sits down at the base of some rugged hills and gives it a private feel. Deer came right up to our camper and my husband saw them while walking our dog.

The rate was average, but we were there in the off season.  The only reason I scored it a "4" is because it wasn't completed. However, my husband and I will definitely be back! Great Place! Nice host and hostess!

Loving the Lower Loop

We stayed on the Lower Loop of Badin Lake Campground, specifically site 16. There was a grassy area behind our site and a few other sites that was perfect for frisbee throwing or ball throwing/kicking. Some even used it for their tents. The lake was a stone’s throw behind our site, accessible via a well-worn path. Other sites are practically sitting at the edge of the lake. Sites 9 or 13 will be on my list for the next visit. Plenty of flora, so the sites are relatively private. Abundant shoreline for fishing and also lots of cover for the fish. No ice or firewood on site, so be sure to hit the Uwharrie Trails General Store on the way in.

Loved it here!

Have waited six months into our RV life to start reviews for fair comparisons. Spent four nights. Loved this campground. Small, quiet, great mountain biking trails that you can ride to from the campground. No direct water hook-up, which was a bit surprising for the cost. But you can get water there. Great dog walking areas.

Will Definitely Visit this Campground Again

We decided to make an overnight stop at Badin Lake Campground on our way to South Carolina and boy, are we glad we did. Based on a few YouTube videos, we chose to stay in Site #9 overlooking the lake. As you can see from our photos, the view is spectacular. The campground is very clean and well kept. Especially the toilets and showers, which were spotless. The sites are spacious and most accommodate various size travel trailers.

The only issue we had was trying to locate firewood. There wasn't any for sale at the campground and we didn't see any for sale by local residents along our route into the area. Fortunately, we were able to rustle up enough downed wood to build a small fire to roast a few hotdogs and enjoy the quiet evening.

We look forward to returning in the future so we can spend more time enjoying the campground and take advantage of the various recreational opportunities in the area.