East Spencer, NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent East Spencer Camping Reviews
Very FAMILY Friendly campground

This campground we heard about from another camper and was telling us about we went last weekend camping and loved it VERY friendly staff and family oriented lots of activities and just one of those places you feel like your at home . Highly recommend and very nice bathroom's and showers. Will definitely be back!!

Nice campground if you have kids

Nice, quiet campground that has lots of things for the kids to do. Looking forward to the expansion to be completed and to see the entire campground up and running.

Love this one

Great place to camp! Quite, clean campground

So Much Fun!

We had a blast; even with younger kids. RV sites and cabins, friendly staff, free shuttle to the amusement park, great community center, and more. Whether you are hanging in the RV park or at the amusement park, you'll be satisfied. Nice RV sites and well maintained!

Best family adventure

Morrow Mountain is a favorite destination for our family. We have been going for 20+ years. Trails, water, old homestead, just a great place

Nice rv campground

We stayed at this rv campground while visiting the many things to see and do in Greensboro North Carolina. visitgreensboronc.com

The rv sites are all pull thru nearly level, big gravel sites. We had plenty of room for ort 45' plus toad. There is a nice large K9 park. Playground. The best WIFI we have experienced and many free antenna tv channels. The restrooms and laundry were both neat and clean. The hosts were wonderfully friendly and knowledgeable. Will return for a longer stay.

Our favorite local campground .

Great views, large sites, all the amenities we need. Management is very nice and helpful. Pool is well kept. Near the golf course, rent kayaks next door, fishing. Great place! Only two drawbacks (1) noise from highway (2) many sites are not level so plan ahead and bring extra levelers.

Nice campsite

This seems to be a real nice campground. We stayed when the amusement park was closed so it was very quite and hardly anyone there. It had just rained a bunch so it was a bit muddy but it looked like all the spots are blacktop to park on so it was alright. Nice friendly staff too.

Peaceful Campground beside the South Yadkin River and in the Country

This campground is off the beaten path, literally. It is out in the country, and without a GPS, I would have had a difficult time finding it. I had written the directions down from the website, but at night, it takes some maneuvering to look at directions and find country road signs in the dark. The campground is close to its namesake town of Hiddenite, which is a famous gem mining area known for gemstones such as hiddenite (spodumene), emeralds, sapphires, etc. I didn’t realize when I got to the campground that it also was a place for people to come watch their Christmas lights display. All of the mobile homes and RVs were lit for a beautiful display. When I first tried to book a reservation, I had to fill out an online request. After two days, I hadn’t heard back and I was going in that direction on my way home. I decided to take a chance. I stopped at the entry to what I think was the campground/Christmas lights display entrance. After a few minutes, a gentleman came out to ask me if he could help me. I told him I had contacted the campground two days ago, and after that I followed his golf cart to where he showed me a few places I could park my teardrop for the night. It had water, electricity, and sewer, as most of the sites do, and it was close to the creek. It had rained quite a bit a few days ago, so the grassy site was soft with ruts. They do allow tent camping, which is good to know for future reference. It appeared to me that most of the other campers here were permanent residents. When I went to the bath house, I was told the ladies’ bathroom was not working, so if I hear a woman in there I would know why. Most of the campers, however, would be using the facilities in their own RVs/trailers. During the summer, the bath house wouldn’t be so bad, but it was cold and there was no heat. The concrete walls made it feel even colder. There was hot water, however, but I chose not to take a shower there since I was only three hours from home and I would be leaving the next morning. The floor needed sweeping and somebody left beard hair all over the one sink. The host was very nice, and the campground served my needs for an overnight stay. There are a swimming pool and a playground for children. The road coming into the campground is dirt as was the road within the campground. There are shady spots in the campground with pull-through and back-in sites. Although the Christmas lights were on until I went to sleep, it didn’t seem to bother me that much, and other than the synchronized Christmas music, it was quiet. It would be interesting to see how the campground is during the summer.

Nice to stop in for a short period time

They have a large pool during the warm season as well as a playground and a small lake to go fishing on