Camping in Los Chavez

10 Reviews of 3 Los Chavez, New Mexico Campgrounds

Richard The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Overnight stop

We called ahead and got the last available site. Person I talked to was very cheerful and helpful. FHU including cable and everything worked well. Some highway noise but not terrible. Nice kids playground and a dog area. Can't review toilets or showers but a lot of updates going on and looked nice.…

Richard The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Nice out of the way place

We stayed 2 nights there when nothing around was available. When I called the young lady was very helpful getting us a spot. The sites are tight and are terraced up a hill. Nice dog park. We were thankful to get a spot at a busy time.

Allison  P.
Reviewed May. 3, 2021

Like Family

Everyone goes out of their way to help you....I'm a newbie....so for me that was real important. The park is in an ideal location, right at the interstate...about 15 minutes from Albuquerque...yet still nestled in enough to give it a peaceful surrounding.

Month of VisitMarch
Sara S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2021

Quiet stay off of I-40

We are full timers and love it here. Staff is always friendly and helpful, and keep everything neat and tidy. New bathrooms down by the office, and quiet life and very peaceful place!

Month of VisitDecember
C
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2021

Clean, good amenities

Good place to stop near Albuquerque. Right off the highway but traffic noise wasn’t too bad at night. Showers and laundry were clean. Has an enclosed area for dogs and playground for kids.

Butch S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2020

Beautiful Sunrise and Sunset

Great place, inexpensive. Clean nice showers and laundry open on 10/17/2020. Definitely recommended. Would give five stars with a pool etc.

LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 16, 2020

Modern Campground

Lots of amenities ,but as of this visit date, due to COVID, some of these are closed. Well laid out with nice views of country side. Slight freeway noise but OK IMO. Concrete pad and nice pea gravel in site - virtually no dust/dirt. Spacious too.

Main issue was the water. After sitting in…

• Westerly view
  • Easterly view
Month of VisitNovember
Michael M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2020

Non-sense and unefficient place

Due to Covid-19, before make an reservation, when check- in to make sure gas grill on plaza is available. Answer was yes. Walked almost 1000 feet and was not working all 4 grills. Had to come back to tv ( forgot my phone), call office. They said we should call office let them know then they will…

Charlene H.
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2019

Run down RV park in the mountains

This place is run down and outdated but I enjoyed my stay. The park is up a little dirt road that takes you into the mountain. There is a small visitor center and pool that wasn't in working use when I was there. Coun laundry. Free hot showers. You will see lots of wildlife here, coyotes, mountain…

Kevyn G.