Browns Mills , NEW JERSEY

Most Recent Browns Mills Camping Reviews
This place is amazing! Horses and hills

I had the best time here hiking up and down the mini mountains. The water was clear and beautiful and I absolutely loved it.

Tohickon

It’s close to state park and the Ringing Rocks. We enjoyed our stay.

Great place for scenery and water sports

Enjoy great scenery and water sports too at this quiet and peaceful state park

Enjoyable

We just returned from a 4 night trip to Baker's Acres.  The staff was friendly, our site was large, clean, and the most level site we have ever camped on!  We loved the nature trail.  We saw deer every time we walked on it.  My husband and daughter enjoyed the pool.  The playground was nice.  We enjoyed the scavenger hunt and Saturday night entertainment.   There were very few golf carts and all the cars drove cautiously.  We felt our daughter was safe to ride her bike.

Some people might complain about the condition of the roads.  We didn't mind them - it kept people from driving too fast.  The bathhouse at the pool could use an update but it was clean and the toilets flushed and the spigots worked!  The red bathhouse was nice with separate shower/toilet rooms.  Our campsite was a good 7 minute walk from the nearest bathroom which was a bit far so a small bathhouse near the nature trail would have been appreciated.

The trip into LBI was an easy one.  We borrowed beach tags from the camp store for a fee and headed to the Brant Beach section of LBI.

We usually do all of our own cooking at our camper but we did decide to treat ourselves to a meal at Calloways (about 5 minutes away).  They have outdoor dining and mini golf.  In non-Covid times they have some amusement rides.

Will not be returning

Positive notes: Bathrooms are really nice and has a dish cleaning station.

COVID camping

The campground is fine. Bathrooms seemed as clean as a state park during a global pandemic can get… my frustration came with the noise level and the site I booked. Sites 14, 16, 59, and 57 (I think) all share a common area. It lacked privacy and our inconsiderate neighbors partied alllllll niggghhtttt llooonngggg as well as many other people in the South campground. After 10pm, the music volume was high and campers were LOUD. I was smart enough to bring earplugs. It's buggy… to be expected but the general vibe here was not my thing. People here just wanted to get sloshed and loud. I wanted a place to crash after hiking and going to the beach all day. 🤣 Mostly my mistake for picking the site I did from lack of familiarity of this campground. Probably will not be back, unless during the week and a more secluded site.

Primitive Camping & hiking trails

We love Parvin Park. Camped here last year and arrived after check in. We called first then the next morning paid $20 for one night. Relaxing hiking trails around the lake. Bring bug spray, usually see ticks.

Nice campground for smaller rigs

Lots of seasonal campers here give this campground a very homey feel. Our site was decently sized, level, and nicely bordered with trees that gives you a sense of privacy. We stayed here immediately after Covid restrictions were eased so the wifi and cable TV were both out but this was not a big deal for us. Backing my rig into the site, and exiting, was a bit challenging due to the angle and size of the service road but we managed well enough and really enjoyed the area as we were near a short hiking path that was great to take the dogs out. The staff was great, considering that they must have been totally busy from the rush of campers trying to get out after the lockdown. Would definitely return.

Campground wedding

We got married here so obviously Tohickon Family Campground will forever hold a special place in my family’s heart. The rustic barn and meadow by the creek was exactly what my wife and I wanted for our special day. The fact that there was an old mill on the property and a covered bridge right out front for post wedding photos was icing on the cake for us. The campground itself is average, seems a little outdated but overall in good condition. I personally didn’t use the bathhouse so I cannot comment. Price for full hookup campsites are very reasonable. Bottom line if you are looking for a modern campground with tons of amenities for $100 a night this is not the campground for you, but if your looking for a nice quiet simple campground with beautiful rustic setting at a very reasonable price than it’s perfect.

This place is great for first time campers

I go camping here almost every year and they a nice open field with two sites and two fire pits. They also have a tone of trails to hike on.