The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
St. Martins , MISSOURI

Most Recent St. Martins Camping Reviews

Huge beautiful park. A lot of hiking and biking trails. Boat ramp and store in the park. We saw about 20 deer each day.

For $13 a night it works

Entrance to the park is not far off the road, but its 2 miles into the campground as you pass the swimming hole and rentals. We stayed 2 nights on a basic (no hook-ups) unlevel site with our 40' ft diesel. Now I say unlevel, if you dont have leveling Jack's and some boards you might be tipsy. We were able to get level, but to be fair for this review who may not have jacks, come prepared. We had 3 sites all were very unlevel. Our sites were private, primitive, and beautiful. We enjoyed our stay. The camp host was friendly and even delivered wood. Unfortunately the wood was went. Not his fault. If you have any atv, dirt bikes, this is the place to come. Trails all over. We were not bothered by anyone or the sounds, of course you could hear them but at dusk everyone had to be off the trails. Would return to this state park, maybe next time with an ATV.

“Resort” it is not

Due to a family issue we needed to make the drive home (about 1,100 miles) in a few days. Hit the road and decided we’d had enough for the day. Called to confirm a site was available for one night. Drove down a dirt road to arrive to a fairly unlevel gravel pad. Sites are crowded with a shared water hookup. Wanted to pitch our trash in the morning, but no can, dumpster, bin, etc. was available. Just expected a lot more for $50/night!

Dirt Bike Four Wheel Haven

Well what can I say. I had high hopes for this one. Only offers basic and electric sites in small camping are. One shower house that was ok. Very loud and not a family place to camp. Great dirt bike trails and sever lakes. You can kayak and fish. I wouldn’t recommend swimming even at the designated beach. Had one lake with kayak/canoe rentals. Could be fun for day use. Would be great for riding! All in all not a place I would camp.

Simply amazing

This place is spectacular. Make sure you get a water spot right on the lakes edge. We lucked in and were close to the marina which was a short walk…had supplies , beer, firewood ..bathrooms and showers close. A must see park on an RV trip. Super friendly. Amazing

Decent Activities, OK Camping

The campground was average, as were the amenities- but the activities offered were enjoyable (kayak rentals, walking trails- these were shared with dirt bikes, horses, etc.) The lake water was fine for kayaking but we definitely did not want to swim in it. The Park Ranger was unfriendly, and we read reviews of similar experiences written in the campground office guestbook when renting the kayaks.

Not likely to return.

All sorts of activities

I have two dogs. They are friendly, but get rather rambunctious when they see other dogs. I prefer sites that I can keep them tucked away.

On the electric sites - sites 1-10 are in an area with lots of trees and shade, while sites 11-17 are more open, but still have a few trees for shade.

We stayed in the premium electric spot #15. It felt roomy and was close to the bathrooms. If your like me, and prefer a tucked away spot, go for #17 (no immediate neighbors to your left).

The park itself is delightful. There are hiking, biking and water trails. Hiking trail was really nice with a surprise waterfall! Because the majority of campers were out in their ATV’s, we had the hiking trail all to ourselves. The kayak/canoe loop trail is nifty as there is no need to park a car in another location.

Bathrooms were well kept. Shower house was just ok.

What a gem...even in the off season!

As a ranger for Dyrt I was really excited to come out to lake of the ozarks to get away from all the craziness in the world. The campground is massive and really the online version of it doesn’t do it much justice. I am here during the off season so things are a little cheaper. You have several different levels of sites to choose from. Some very close to the water and some away from water but a short walk from the water. The lake is a very popular lake and I’m sure from the start of the busy season it is packed. Right now…it is nothing but peaceful…seriously as I wrote this three deer walked wishing 20 feet of me.

I originally had chosen site 165 that is a primitive site on the water but since the lake is very low it is a lot of mud.

I moved to 87 which is right in the middle of the campground. Everything is very well maintained and you can tell where the crew has been clearing brush and fighting the rains. In the off season the showers are turned off but they do have a portable water source that is kept on.

Sites themselves are somewhat private…depending on where you book. Some sites are right on top of each other while others to can escape your neighbors a little.

All and all this campground was pretty dang amazing!

Product Review: As a Danger for Dyrt I get to demo and review products. This time around I got a slim folding kitchen from GCI. Super lightweight and product packaging was great. Cardboard box and the product…no plastic which is awesome to see. 1 piece of paper for instructions. Comes fully assembled right out of the box. It can easily be used for lots of ocassions; on a deck for a small grill, camping as a kitchen, tailgating for everything, or even just as an extra table. It is very lightweight and sturdy. Was very easy to transport it as it comes with a handle built in and is lightweight. Fold out for optimal use and has several different storage compartments. Also has the ability to hang tools off of it. I would highly recommend it as it will become one of my staples when traveling in the scamp bc it allowed me to cook outside.

The pros:

6. Environmentally friendly packaging
  7. Handle to carry it.

The cons:

1. No true places to hang bbq utensils
  2. Shelves are a little flimsy until they are locked in place which could bend if you aren’t careful
  3. If you break a part there is no way to replace it.

Hope you enjoy the review and most certainly come visit!

Lots of wildlife

Sites were spread apart, lots of shade, close to the lake. Plenty of trails, fishing, and swimming.

Very nice campground.

We will definitely be back.