The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Columbia , MISSOURI

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Columbia Camping Reviews
For $13 a night it works

Entrance to the park is not far off the road, but its 2 miles into the campground as you pass the swimming hole and rentals. We stayed 2 nights on a basic (no hook-ups) unlevel site with our 40' ft diesel. Now I say unlevel, if you dont have leveling Jack's and some boards you might be tipsy. We were able to get level, but to be fair for this review who may not have jacks, come prepared. We had 3 sites all were very unlevel. Our sites were private, primitive, and beautiful. We enjoyed our stay. The camp host was friendly and even delivered wood. Unfortunately the wood was went. Not his fault. If you have any atv, dirt bikes, this is the place to come. Trails all over. We were not bothered by anyone or the sounds, of course you could hear them but at dusk everyone had to be off the trails. Would return to this state park, maybe next time with an ATV.

Dirt Bike Four Wheel Haven

Well what can I say. I had high hopes for this one. Only offers basic and electric sites in small camping are. One shower house that was ok. Very loud and not a family place to camp. Great dirt bike trails and sever lakes. You can kayak and fish. I wouldn’t recommend swimming even at the designated beach. Had one lake with kayak/canoe rentals. Could be fun for day use. Would be great for riding! All in all not a place I would camp.

Decent Activities, OK Camping

The campground was average, as were the amenities- but the activities offered were enjoyable (kayak rentals, walking trails- these were shared with dirt bikes, horses, etc.) The lake water was fine for kayaking but we definitely did not want to swim in it. The Park Ranger was unfriendly, and we read reviews of similar experiences written in the campground office guestbook when renting the kayaks.

Not likely to return.

All sorts of activities

I have two dogs. They are friendly, but get rather rambunctious when they see other dogs. I prefer sites that I can keep them tucked away.

On the electric sites - sites 1-10 are in an area with lots of trees and shade, while sites 11-17 are more open, but still have a few trees for shade.

We stayed in the premium electric spot #15. It felt roomy and was close to the bathrooms. If your like me, and prefer a tucked away spot, go for #17 (no immediate neighbors to your left).

The park itself is delightful. There are hiking, biking and water trails. Hiking trail was really nice with a surprise waterfall! Because the majority of campers were out in their ATV’s, we had the hiking trail all to ourselves. The kayak/canoe loop trail is nifty as there is no need to park a car in another location.

Bathrooms were well kept. Shower house was just ok.

Very nice campground.

We will definitely be back.

Clean campground

We enjoyed camping here. If you have dirt bikes or 4 wheelers, bring them! We didn’t bring ours here this last time we camped and we still had fun! They have a pump track that our four boys loved! Lots of ramps, hills, and a teeter totter to ride across. The campsites are nice and some of them are really close together. So if you want more privacy and don’t want to be close to your neighbors make sure you pick one that is more spacious. Our boys are already talking about coming back here again :)

Always a good time

This is one of my favorite places to fish and picnic that is close to home. It is quiet and always clean. The camp sites are well kept and the shower/bathroom facilities are always clean. Worst part is that many of the dirt bike/ATV guys riding the trails out there are obnoxious with their bikes.

A hidden gem tucked away in rural Cole County

First off there is camping here!!!! This Missouri Conservation area is a Swiss Army knife of rugged of the path camping. Rivers, Lakes, Gun range, Horses and hiking can all be enjoyed here. First come first serve basic camp area on the river. It has 1 fire ring in a gravel turnaround. Don’t let this fool you. This area has an abundance of wildlife equestrian trails and hiking. Getting too hot paddle on the lake located on the left Forck after entering. The area has a handgun, and rifle range with vault toilets. The pictures speak for themselves. Love this spot and will be planning another trip soon.

Nice little state park close to civilization

A rainy weekend didn't deter campers from spending the holiday weekend here at Finger Lakes State Park. I was lucky enough to get a site for a single night when rain was in the forecast. The campground is laid out in a series of small loops, with some loops in open grassy areas and others tucked into the trees. I had my pick between a site in either situation and so I picked the trees to get some shade. Sites are fairly close together, so you will get to know your neighbors. There is one nice and modern bathhouse with showers on one side and bathrooms on the other. It was very clean and well maintained, and they are in the process of putting in an additional concrete walkway. Over in the grassy loop there was an additional basic bathroom.

There is lots to do in this park if you are into canoeing/kayaking or ORVing as there are several marked trails for both. If you are a hiker, welllllll, not as much available here. There is a nice mountain biking and hiking trail, but you can still hear all of the ORV's running the many trails specific to ORVing. There is also a Motocross track with nice stands if you like to watch. Canoes and kayaks are available for rent (stop by and see the rangers near the entrance) and there are a couple of marked trails to take you from lake to lake.

It’s a campground sorta

More like a parking lot in the middle of an atv/gun range park.

Lakes are awesome water accessible in multiple areas. Campsites are close and used primarily by off road enthusiast. Loud and constant coming and going. Groups get wild at night.

Great for kayaking and fishing.