Owensville , MISSOURI

Most Recent Owensville Camping Reviews
Daniel Boone

Nice area, second camping area at the end of the road. No amenities at the end of the road, but there is a toilet at the first camping area. Beautiful scenery, alot of hunters.

Pine Ridge

Closed for the season

Great For Adventuring

Whether you’re at one of the 25+ lakes in area, one of many beautiful trails, the mysterious WWII bunkers or the scenic roadways, Weldon Spring offers many an escape in the middle of town. Popular amongst marijuana users as the area is so big and close to the large sub-urban area nearby. It’s clean and a great spot for a group or individuals any time of the year.

Great Campground

Pros: Free!! Close to Columbia but far enough away for a getaway. Easy to find from the road, even in the dark. Fire pits and picnic tables are there. Vault toilets and running water available. Hiking trailhead at the entrance of the campground. Camping spots are spaced out enough.

Cons: Can hear lawn-mowing and Gun shots from neighboring properties in the early morning. Still not the end of the world. Definitely fills up on the weekends.

I stayed at #3 and it was a very spacious private spot. If you have kids/dogs I recommend spot #4 it has a long strip of playroom for running around without disturbing other spaces. 2 week maximum stay.

Fun weekend

Great access to river. Stayed on the family side and had a great time. Staff super helpful and upbeat, everyone looked like they wanted to ACTUALLY be there. Would definitely go back.

Clean and well maintained

We have visited this campground multiple times and stayed in multiple sites.  We tried a new location this time (#25) and really enjoyed it.  It was located by itself and was truely car camping with a parking spot at the site itself.  #24 is slightly smaller, but has the same benefits.  #26-28 are located just up the hill and would be great for multiple families camping together.  All 5 of these sites have 2 hammock stands and are located close to a pit toilet that is clean and well maintained.  No water pump that I could find for this location.

Previously we have stayed in W4 and W6 which required hauling the gear from the parking lot into the "primative" location.  These were nice, but all in one large clearing with no privacy.  They were also a bit of a walk to the bathrooms.

I would also recommend site #20.  It was grouped with others, but at the end of a row.  It would also require hauling gear in from a parking lot, but might be worth it for the shade and seclusion.  It is also close to the lake.

Great small city park

Great park. Clean and reasonable

Nice but pricey

Very pricey, as soon as we pulled into the campground we were bombarded by workers asking us if we went in and paid yet.

Pine Ridge Dispersed camping at Mark Twain National Forest

There was easy access to the campground. There were designated spots to camp that had a picnic table and camp grill. Didn't like people just sitting in parked cars in the campground. Quite place to camp for the night.

NOT family friendly with young children!

The first thing that bothered me the most was the constant giant burning pile of garbage in the campground! And ALL the dumpsters were overflowing with garbage. Our campsite was so narrow you could touch the other RV from under your awning. Our firepit was next to their sewer line. The campsite was so unlevel my 1 year old couldnt even stand outside the camper without falling. There was NO room to play at all outside the camper on the family side. The family beach was really nice but all the dogs kept trying to pee on all our stuff. That was annoying. No playground and the the roads are loose gravel so my 3 year old couldnt ride her bike. We ended up staying only 1 night when I booked 3. I would personally never go there again. Also they CHARGE for WIFI!