The best RV SITES camping near
Barnhart , MISSOURI

313 Reviews

Most Recent Barnhart Camping Reviews
Camping

Likes: Onondaga state park campground is one of my favorite camping spots in central Mo. The campground is very nice and clean and pads are level and all concrete with 50amp service and water hook ups. Very peaceful and friendly people. Dislikes: I’ve camped in a dozen sites at least there and never had a problem when it rained a little bit (rains ever time I go camping seams like!!) last week I stayed in site #65 and it sucked!!! The site has no run off and all the water collects on the concrete pad so there we sat. Walked out of camper and at least 2-3” inches of water stood on concrete pad with mud everywhere!! Finally after a day are so I couldn’t take it. ( I have 2 boys that wanted outside as well as myself) I went and bought shovel and started digging little ditiches so water would run way from camper.. With it being October it didn’t get real warm so the water was there for three days.. The one day it did get nice and sunny the yellow jackets and lady bugs where so bad that you had to watch every move you made.. The next day the camper was covered on the inside with lady bugs everywhere.

I will definitely return camping there but will avoid site #65

Halloween Bash is big here!

Stayed over the weekend for our final trip of the season, great staff and facilities here. They really do pack in the campers though, extremely crowded and tight. The family atmosphere was incredible here, lots for the kiddos to do in this park. A little too crowded for us empty nesters.

Really nice!

I rolled in about 1030 with my daughter and dog. Very well lit, very clean and very easy to get in and very secure with a ton of cameras. Also has a really nice dog area. Was a bit concerned if my power would be on since the place isn't manned by someone, but it was and since it was so well lit it was a fast hookup. Totally recommend this place!

Clean and safe

There are few campgrounds with full hook-ups in the Edwardsville, IL area, so we were pleased to find this one. Yes, trains pass 2 blocks away several times nightly, but after the first night you won't notice. During modified car racing season, Friday nights are roaring loud from the racetrack nearby. This last stay in September 2020, we were surprised to see many full spots with residents living full time there. The playground and bounce pad and store were closed due to coronavirus, but the bathrooms and showers were open. Laundry is by appt. only. Not fancy, not quiet, but clean and safe. A bit pricey for the area, but as I said, not many choices there.

My fav!

Grat place!

Nice little lake to fish in and areas to walk around in.

Beautiful place!

Many walking/cart paths. Great shop and fishing!

Very new, neat and clean

I was impressed with this place. It’s not staffed on-site as far as I saw. You can reserve a site online or just do it when you get there as I did. After paying the power is supposed to be turned on. Mine wasn’t after a couple minutes but I called the number in the confirmation email and it was on within seconds. No bathroom which they let you know when you book. Nice water and sewer hook up. You can get in and out really quick.

Nestled in the trees

Some of the spots are close together but it seems to be that way because they kept as many natural trees as possible! We enjoyed the buddy sites so that our front doors faced our friends and the hookups were on the outside of each campsite. They also had group buddy sites that allowed four rigs to all front doors to face each other all being pull through sites.

My family also enjoy the Floating Trees ropes course. It was supposed to be about 2 hours but the instructors let them go an extra 45 minutes without anyone feeling rushed.