Barnhart , MISSOURI

Most Recent Barnhart Camping Reviews
River views

The area was closed when we arrived. But from the looks of it, lots of good camping sites right along the river. Saw lots of grills and plenty of space between each site.

Private house?

Didn't find a campground, only someone's home. I didn't approach to ask, since it looks like a private home. Not sure why this is on the app.

Great place for RVs

veryone was super helpful and friendly. The campsites were a little close together and there were a lot of campers. They've got great ammenities: 30/50amp, water, sewer, wifi, pool, showers, fire rings, and a trash dumpster. They even filled up my LP on site. There's a small site for primitive camping by the pond with a gazebo to fish off of.

No Camping

There is a homemade sign that says no camping. I wish we would have known that before we got here. As far as I could tell the website said it’s open.

Nice close park to St. Louis

Pet-friendly, full hookups, space for our larger rig and parking around for extra vehicle. Laundry and propane on site. Spaces were a little close together, but minutes from downtown St. Louis, and staff was friendly and accommodating. Also, fantastic restaurant right on site -- Sawmill BBQ!

Camping

Likes: Onondaga state park campground is one of my favorite camping spots in central Mo. The campground is very nice and clean and pads are level and all concrete with 50amp service and water hook ups. Very peaceful and friendly people. Dislikes: I’ve camped in a dozen sites at least there and never had a problem when it rained a little bit (rains ever time I go camping seams like!!) last week I stayed in site #65 and it sucked!!! The site has no run off and all the water collects on the concrete pad so there we sat. Walked out of camper and at least 2-3” inches of water stood on concrete pad with mud everywhere!! Finally after a day are so I couldn’t take it. ( I have 2 boys that wanted outside as well as myself) I went and bought shovel and started digging little ditiches so water would run way from camper.. With it being October it didn’t get real warm so the water was there for three days.. The one day it did get nice and sunny the yellow jackets and lady bugs where so bad that you had to watch every move you made.. The next day the camper was covered on the inside with lady bugs everywhere.

I will definitely return camping there but will avoid site #65

Halloween Bash is big here!

Stayed over the weekend for our final trip of the season, great staff and facilities here. They really do pack in the campers though, extremely crowded and tight. The family atmosphere was incredible here, lots for the kiddos to do in this park. A little too crowded for us empty nesters.

Really nice!

I rolled in about 1030 with my daughter and dog. Very well lit, very clean and very easy to get in and very secure with a ton of cameras. Also has a really nice dog area. Was a bit concerned if my power would be on since the place isn't manned by someone, but it was and since it was so well lit it was a fast hookup. Totally recommend this place!

Clean and safe

There are few campgrounds with full hook-ups in the Edwardsville, IL area, so we were pleased to find this one. Yes, trains pass 2 blocks away several times nightly, but after the first night you won't notice. During modified car racing season, Friday nights are roaring loud from the racetrack nearby. This last stay in September 2020, we were surprised to see many full spots with residents living full time there. The playground and bounce pad and store were closed due to coronavirus, but the bathrooms and showers were open. Laundry is by appt. only. Not fancy, not quiet, but clean and safe. A bit pricey for the area, but as I said, not many choices there.