The best BOAT IN camping near
Tishomingo , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Tishomingo Camping Reviews
Nice quit camping

Good place to get away for a weekend

Great Area to camp with the family

Great area to camp. Right on Pickwick Lake with good views of river. The park staff is very active and have lots of activities planned year round. Good entertainment and food nearby. Clean and well kept.

Decent spot on the lake

Camped here on Christmas Day 2020. It was very quiet and a little windy. I was the only camper but it’s on a disc golf course so I saw a couple of those guys. I went down to the parking lot so I could sleep in my car and have a fire by the water. It was great and quiet except there are parking lot lights which I didn’t see until they turned on. There are picnic tables, trash cans, and portable toilets. All in all a nice spot. I had Verizon and I think I had two bars of service. There’s also a spot a little east off an unmarked dirt road which was ok and had a fire pit. I checked it out but there was just too much litter and a half eaten deer carcass which I wasn’t vibing with.

Treasure

Great place on the lake. Campground is fairly hilly and our spot was far from level. It was the last spot available and I understand why! Lots to do on the lake and close to Muscle Shoals.

This is one of the best!

We reserved a waterfront spot, but our rig wouldn’t fit despite the website saying so, no biggy though. Was able to swap spots and enjoyed our stay. Very nice park, nice beaches and great for walking pets. Most amenities were closed for the season/ COVID. Great staff. We had few bars (Verizon) and no service on t-mobile. Overall great experience, can’t go wrong with any spot.

Convenient to town, Beautiful Setting, Great Atmosphere on Tennessee River

This campground is located in our hometown of Florence AL and is a Gem of a City Campground.  It is a staple as far as local campers are concerned because of its serene setting while at the same time being so coinvent to so many wonderful attractions. Only a mile or two from some wonderful local restaurants and retail as well as being convenient to the Cities of Sheffield, Tuscumbia and Muscle Shoals, all of which are 5 miles or less.  Its a beautiful setting along the Tennessee River (Pickwick Lake).  Boat launches, picnic pavilions, frisbee golf, fishing pier and a beach in the same park.  Wonderful place to watch sunsets and Sun Rises on the River

Not a bad place to go for the weekend!

This campground is a nice quiet campground. They have about 90 spots for you to camp which includes primitive spots. The campground is very shaded with tall pine trees, for most of the day depending on what site you are on. Most sites have very nice views of the water also. Most sites a spacious and have plenty of room behind them. There’s several RV sites right on the water and all tent sites are on the water. The tent sites didn’t look to level to me but there were some places that I saw that wasn’t bad. All the approved sites had water and electric hook ups, concrete picnic tables that were on a slab so that didn’t move. One downside was no grills or fire rings at the sites. However previous campers had makeshift rings out of rocks that were at several sites and you can make your own so fires are permitted. They did have a couple of bathhouses which had only one shower for each gender. They did not have doors going into them. Water was hot but no pressure. There was a huge open grass area were all the kids would gather and play. To use the lake or go to the beach area that was down the road you had to purchase a BCDA permit for ages 16-65. $3 a day or $10 for 3 day for each individual. There is a play ground at the entrance that has a pavilion, and a basketball court. There’s a boat ramp at the entrance as well. The dump station and garbage dumpsters are at least a 1/4 mile from any of the sites. There is no store to purchase things but there is a Dollar General about a mile from the campground if you need something. This campground is a first come first serve and do not take reservations, but if you call the day of you can pay over the phone to ensure you have a spot. The attendant was very friendly and helpful. Overall we enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back.

Great campground!

Nice sites. I enjoy fishing Bay Springs.

Lovely but smelly?

Lovely little campground. The spot we reserved had been taken but the ranger found us an even nicer spot and delivered our fire wood to us. Solo showers are nice during COVId. Only complaint is the smell of the paper mill that blows in time to time. Smelled very much like sauerkraut off and on.

Inaccurate

Blair M priced permits as $10.00 and they are $3.00

Park has been totally redone and is awesome!