About Bruton Branch Rec Area
Bruton Branch Rec Area is located in Tennessee
3 Reviews of Bruton Branch Rec Area
Lakeside camping

Beautiful second campground, part of Pickwick Landing State Park. Over half the campsites are on the water. Older campground, sites are a little uneven. Boat launch on site. 4 unisex bathrooms, could use some updating.  Primitive camping, no electric or water. A few sites are big enough for a small RV.

Nice time alone

I stayed here on a Thursday evening and I literally had the whole place to myself. It was nice. I couldn't get a for going and my tent poles were broken but I still had a great evening with the river just yards away. There are flush toilets and showers, but no potable water, so plan ahead!

Best Campground Pickwick has to offer!

This has been one of my favorite places to escape to since I was a child living in West Tennessee and now that I am almost 50 it is still at the top of my list. This is the goto campground for me and some of the friends I grew up with when we want to spend a weekend together somewhere with a great view and on the water. I now reside in the Free State of Jones aka Jones County Mississippi which is about 5 +/- Hours South of Bruton Branch, but it's well worth every hour of drive time. If amenities are what you are looking for then this is not the place for you, but if you enjoy the outdoors, the ability to camp so close to the water that you can fish from your tent, then here is the campground for you. There is no electricity in this campground, there are some picnic tables, but not at every camp site, there is one restroom/shower house, along with a dumpster, other than that, you better have everything you need with you as it's about a 20 minute ride to the nearest convenience store and a little further than that for restaurants, grocery stores, etc… My only complaint about Bruton Branch is the fact that in recent years they have not only went up on there rates, but they also changed the camp to a reservation based campground and I really miss being able to randomly stop in for the night when I make a spontaneous trip home. Something else which I believe is becoming more common at campgrounds everywhere is that you cannot bring fire wood in from other ares, you either have to gather it there, or buy it from a local source, this is to keep invasive species out of the area….