The best GROUP camping near
McSwain , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent McSwain Camping Reviews
Beautiful lake view

Second time at Flint Creek in Wiggins Mississippi. Stayed during the middle of January of 2021 on site 29.

The back of the site backs up to the lake, with plenty of beach to fish or hangout. This site would be perfect during the summer if you wanted to swim. The site had full hookups with 50amp connection. Plenty of space between sites. Also there are several shower/restrooms located throughout the Seneca Campground.

Only thing negative about the site was that it was not level. I had to add an extra step to get in and out of my travel trailer.

Will definitely go back.

Love this place.

Something for everyone. We spent 3 nights in December 2020 and can’t wait to return. We are telling everybody about it. Shower houses spotlessly clean.

Very nice campground

We do Paul B. every spring & fall for the weekend. Beautiful view of the lake from some campsites. Have a campfire every night. Bathrooms with hot shower available. Lake has some boat traffic, but not too bad. Great place to bring the kayaks. Overall A+ in my book!

Subpar at best

Primitive campsite had lots of trash on the ground (kids socks, plastic, toilet paper). Port-o-pottys were disgusting. Stayed one night on my cross country drive and it was one night too many.

Merry Christmas

We spent Christmas Holiday in this Beautiful Mississippi State Park,  we have family in the area so instead of Hotels we bring the motorhome down and spend the week here! The park is clean the lake is wonderful and the folks that manage the property are Great look forward to next year!!

Keith and Barbara

I grew up camping this park.

It was nice to revisit this park and reminisce. This is a very well maintained park with nice shady campsites. It is definitely one of the best parks in the area. They have bath houses with washers and dryers on site. The campgrounds have their own beach but, the bottom is usually soft and oozy mud. Good fishing out on the lake. Used to be good bass in the Lilly pads on the opposite side of the bridge. If you travel this area I would recommend staying at this park!

Closed due to "hurricane damage"

It's closed, most are. This one says due to hurricane damage and public safety. They can't get around to fixing it but sure can show up to tell you to leave. It looks like its just as nice as the other reviews state but doesn't matter, for now.

Personally , I will not be stopping here again

Please understand. This is my personal opinion. Pads were mostly small with biggish drop off from steps to camper usable site. Not my favorite. Every COE site we have been to beats this.

Nice and quiet

Site 141 was in a very wooded area at the far end of all three RV areas. We stayed during the second weekend of Dec. weather was brisk with a small amount of rain on Saturday. Had a beautiful view of the water where you could fish. This spot was so quiet and peaceful, no road noise was heard the entire 3 days. There were a few other campers in neighboring spots but the rest of the area was sparsely packed.

The only issue I had with the spots were they were all uneven, but somehow I was able to level my 37’ travel trailer on the first try without any leveling aids.

The only thing I had negative review of was how low the water spigot was in the ground. But overall I would stay in this exact spot again.

Family

Went the weekend they opened in 2020 after a brief COVID shutdown. Full of families having a great time getting away. Really nice campground. We will return.