The best WALK IN camping near
Cheraw , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Cheraw Camping Reviews
Clean and quite

Nice camp ground, top side rv sites have sewage connections lower sites near river do not have sewage connections. No rv sites are on the river but lower sites are on small lakes. These were gravel pits at one time. Nice trails for hiking with large beach access on river.

Short history about area. The movie Deadman walking with Sean Penn and Susan Sarandon is loosely based on this area. State of LA vs Robert Lee Willie

Beautiful lake view

Second time at Flint Creek in Wiggins Mississippi. Stayed during the middle of January of 2021 on site 29.

The back of the site backs up to the lake, with plenty of beach to fish or hangout. This site would be perfect during the summer if you wanted to swim. The site had full hookups with 50amp connection. Plenty of space between sites. Also there are several shower/restrooms located throughout the Seneca Campground.

Only thing negative about the site was that it was not level. I had to add an extra step to get in and out of my travel trailer.

Will definitely go back.

Subpar at best

Primitive campsite had lots of trash on the ground (kids socks, plastic, toilet paper). Port-o-pottys were disgusting. Stayed one night on my cross country drive and it was one night too many.

Merry Christmas

We spent Christmas Holiday in this Beautiful Mississippi State Park,  we have family in the area so instead of Hotels we bring the motorhome down and spend the week here! The park is clean the lake is wonderful and the folks that manage the property are Great look forward to next year!!

Keith and Barbara

Nice and quiet

Site 141 was in a very wooded area at the far end of all three RV areas. We stayed during the second weekend of Dec. weather was brisk with a small amount of rain on Saturday. Had a beautiful view of the water where you could fish. This spot was so quiet and peaceful, no road noise was heard the entire 3 days. There were a few other campers in neighboring spots but the rest of the area was sparsely packed.

The only issue I had with the spots were they were all uneven, but somehow I was able to level my 37’ travel trailer on the first try without any leveling aids.

The only thing I had negative review of was how low the water spigot was in the ground. But overall I would stay in this exact spot again.

Choot’m

This place is crawling with gators in the lower portion on the lakes. Hey this is south Louisiana. Tubing down the River is a big attraction. Nice park.

Great Family Oriented Campground

This place is very kid and family friendly! Upon first arriving in our RV, we checked in and rented a golf cart. This ranch is huge so you need some form of wheels, even if you just bring a bike. We were at site 16 and it is towards the back of the camp. Driving in, the kids could not stay seated as there were likely HUNDREDS of deer and a few pigs roaming. We parked and went to find some deer; which is extremely easy as there are so many. My kids fed the deer some corn and they will eat it right from your hands. After deer and pig play, we went to the playground on site and the kids burned off some steam before dinner. There is a store at the playground that has a few necessities in the case you left something behind. It also appears there is some construction of a bunch of new sites to handle more campers! All in all, this place is great and we WILL BE BACK!

Worth the money

My boyfriend and I car camp and try to stay in primitive areas for the lesser (or no) fees. This site was $15 for primitive camping but included a water spigot as well as port-o-potties. There were also fire rings at each camping site.

We stayed here during Halloween and it was pretty crowded. We prefer more secluded camping sites, and this campground provides plenty of space despite being so packed. There were several RV campgrounds that had decorations and trick-or-treating.

We didn’t have any problems with rowdy kids or quiet time. Everybody was mostly respectful. We did encounter coyote, deer, and lots of talkative geese, so be prepared for some wildlife interaction.

Very welcoming place.

very welcoming place. If you need 5o go to camp Shelley for any reason this is a great RV park to stop at.

Beautiful Quiet Camping

This is a very well maintained park and campground