The best BOAT IN camping near
Cheraw , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Cheraw Camping Reviews
Clean and quite

Nice camp ground, top side rv sites have sewage connections lower sites near river do not have sewage connections. No rv sites are on the river but lower sites are on small lakes. These were gravel pits at one time. Nice trails for hiking with large beach access on river.

Short history about area. The movie Deadman walking with Sean Penn and Susan Sarandon is loosely based on this area. State of LA vs Robert Lee Willie

Beautiful lake view

Second time at Flint Creek in Wiggins Mississippi. Stayed during the middle of January of 2021 on site 29.

The back of the site backs up to the lake, with plenty of beach to fish or hangout. This site would be perfect during the summer if you wanted to swim. The site had full hookups with 50amp connection. Plenty of space between sites. Also there are several shower/restrooms located throughout the Seneca Campground.

Only thing negative about the site was that it was not level. I had to add an extra step to get in and out of my travel trailer.

Will definitely go back.

Love this place.

Something for everyone. We spent 3 nights in December 2020 and can’t wait to return. We are telling everybody about it. Shower houses spotlessly clean.

Very nice campground

We do Paul B. every spring & fall for the weekend. Beautiful view of the lake from some campsites. Have a campfire every night. Bathrooms with hot shower available. Lake has some boat traffic, but not too bad. Great place to bring the kayaks. Overall A+ in my book!

Subpar at best

Primitive campsite had lots of trash on the ground (kids socks, plastic, toilet paper). Port-o-pottys were disgusting. Stayed one night on my cross country drive and it was one night too many.

Merry Christmas

We spent Christmas Holiday in this Beautiful Mississippi State Park,  we have family in the area so instead of Hotels we bring the motorhome down and spend the week here! The park is clean the lake is wonderful and the folks that manage the property are Great look forward to next year!!

Keith and Barbara

Personally , I will not be stopping here again

Please understand. This is my personal opinion. Pads were mostly small with biggish drop off from steps to camper usable site. Not my favorite. Every COE site we have been to beats this.

Nice and quiet

Site 141 was in a very wooded area at the far end of all three RV areas. We stayed during the second weekend of Dec. weather was brisk with a small amount of rain on Saturday. Had a beautiful view of the water where you could fish. This spot was so quiet and peaceful, no road noise was heard the entire 3 days. There were a few other campers in neighboring spots but the rest of the area was sparsely packed.

The only issue I had with the spots were they were all uneven, but somehow I was able to level my 37’ travel trailer on the first try without any leveling aids.

The only thing I had negative review of was how low the water spigot was in the ground. But overall I would stay in this exact spot again.

Choot’m

This place is crawling with gators in the lower portion on the lakes. Hey this is south Louisiana. Tubing down the River is a big attraction. Nice park.

Family

Went the weekend they opened in 2020 after a brief COVID shutdown. Full of families having a great time getting away. Really nice campground. We will return.