The best WALK IN camping near
Belmont , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Belmont Camping Reviews
Beautiful spacious camping areas

Beautiful spacious camping spots spread quite a distance apart. On flat concrete very nice showers and interesting trails with a pretty lake too!

The campground needs some upkeep.

We visited Tishomingo State Park in May, 2020. Generally, the park was ok. While the pads on the camper sites were level, almost all of them had a serious drop off almost immediately, so it was almost impossible to enjoy sitting under the awning near the camper.  The facilities were closed due to Covid-19.  The hiking nearby was fabulous, make sure to see the swinging bridge.

Convenient to town, Beautiful Setting, Great Atmosphere on Tennessee River

This campground is located in our hometown of Florence AL and is a Gem of a City Campground.  It is a staple as far as local campers are concerned because of its serene setting while at the same time being so coinvent to so many wonderful attractions. Only a mile or two from some wonderful local restaurants and retail as well as being convenient to the Cities of Sheffield, Tuscumbia and Muscle Shoals, all of which are 5 miles or less.  Its a beautiful setting along the Tennessee River (Pickwick Lake).  Boat launches, picnic pavilions, frisbee golf, fishing pier and a beach in the same park.  Wonderful place to watch sunsets and Sun Rises on the River

Peaceful Place

Was able to take a trip to Tishomingo to camp and enjoy the nice cool weather moving into MS. Love this little place. Great for families with many hiking trails and 3 disc golf courses.

Good enough

Located in a beautiful area. However, when we camped the campground was full and some people had little respect for their fellow campers. One group allowed their children to continue to yell and scream late into the night. It’s unfortunate there are no rangers patrolling and educating campers on appropriate campground behavior. Campsite provide no privacy and are very close together as well. Bathroom facilities are clean and well maintained.

Quiet

Due to the "pandemic" the park was a little short staffed but the gentleman there was very helpful once he got to the office. I was only there for the one night but it was beautifully quiet and fairly well kept. I'd stay there again for sure.

Quiet

Remote & Serene

This state park is definitely “off the beaten path” — but if you’re looking for a quiet location, with few spaces for additional RV’s; this may be for you. (In total, there may be 18.. but they were not all occupied during our visit.) RV spacing is not bad.. most with full hookups.

The green space; natural habitat and night sounds get high marks from us.

Apple “Maps” took us on an interesting way to get to the park from the interstate.. we were concerned about low hanging tree limbs with our rig; but everything turned out ok.

If you like to jog; this is a great space for it. And, if you like disc golf, there’s an entire course.

We will be back.

Whitten Park COE

October 17=18, 2019. Site 40 (walk-up) had electric and water. Park had dump station, laundry room, clean restrooms with showers and flush toilets, Verizon 2 bars. See RV Camping Journal for more details.

To Each His Own

The park was nice but it's not my style of camping or at least not my site #008. My view was surrounded by campers, felt packed in like a sardine. (At the entrance to the camp sites seem to be the best ones, they'd be on the left as you enter) Some it may not bother them but I like more open wide spaces with my view of trees or a lake at least. Bathrooms were okay. No gate after hours. Very quiet though. Hiking was nice and there are many trails. Staff was Very friendly!!