The best YURTS camping near
Poolesville , MARYLAND

Most Recent Poolesville Camping Reviews
My new favorite

The primitive sites have a lot of space.

Quiet, spacious and heavily wooded sites

We stayed at site D72 for 4 days. The sites are quiet, very spacious, level, and heavily wooded with 50A service, water and sewer hookup. D Loop is for RVs, A, B, C& E are tents only. AT&T 5 MB/s w/o booster(1 bar), 8 MB/s with it(2 bars). There is no satellite coverage due to the heavy tree canopy. OTA TV was descent using an external omni antenna. There is no WiFi. There is a very nice network of trails, most if not all were leashed dog friendly.

First time solo camping

A small issue with assignment of a spot. Other than that this is a fantastic place to camp in the city. Great amenities, wonderful staff (shout out to George). I'll be coming back.

Awesome place

Had a great experience visiting our daughter over labor day weekend. Everything was extremely clean and well maintained. We loved the brick patio with patio furniture. Close to plenty of attractions.

Well spaced and maintained full service RV sites

Only came through for a weekend but the sites were well maintained, and felt separated enough to have some privacy. Staff were amazing about maintaining safe conditions for campers. All possible precautions seemed to be taken.

Treehouses on the Cheap

My husband and I stayed here for just a night to getaway from normal life. We stayed in the Bonsai treehouse, which got us up off the ground and provided great shelter overnight. We had great weather, in the end.

The pros:

Clean, easy to walk to bathrooms and showers

Clean treehouse

Quiet campground

A short walk to the Appalachian Trail for some hiking

A short drive to Big Cork winery for some sipping

Pets allowed

The cons:

Poison ivy EVERYWHERE at this particular site. Came home covered in it

Steep road grade for our regular sedan to handle

Yogi

Grandchildren loved this campground so much to do. The water park is awesome. Level spacious pull thru sites.

Very Rude

I called for my reservation the lady hung up on me and was quite rude… i called back four times and they hung up on me twice, and never answered again. She wouldn’t give me her name.

Excellent Place

My kids never stopped running! We will be back.

Stay here to explore DC!

The best park in the DC area! Very nice grounds, clean, and amenities galore! The staff are nice here. They have so much going on! Plan and reserve you DC tours right at the campground. No need to drive anywhere, the tour buses pick you up at the park! Pool, playgrounds, game room, camp store, pavilions, everything!