The best WALK IN camping near
Owings Mills , MARYLAND

Most Recent Owings Mills Camping Reviews
Wooded retreat

We stayed in a lovely cabin here while I was in town for work. My husband enjoyed the pool with the kids during the day and when I was there we enjoyed shuffleboard, mini golf and hiking together. The cabin was clean and well maintained and the cabins are at the top of the hill but that made for a beautiful view and we felt like we were away from everyone else. I wasn't as fond of the camper sites they seemed kind of close together but the cabins were amazing.

Peace and quiet amongst the busy city

A small piece of outdoors in the middle of a very bustling city is a great getaway close to home! a melting pot of meeting new people from all over the country visiting the DC area. And easy access to some of the nations best attractions

Quiet Family Fun

What a wonderful place! The resort is spacious, scattered throughout the woods. The RV sites are comfortable with all the amenities. And the customer service is impeccable.

We stayed during a few weekdays in October and we almost had the whole place to ourselves. We staying in one of the cabins, which had 2 beds and a bunk bed, sink and toilet, refrigerator, microwave, dining table and sofa. There was also a front porch with picnic table and fire pit.

Honestly, the beds were not very comfortable and way too small for a couple to sleep in one. It was a VERY dark walk to get to the bathhouse for showers. And the fire pit had no grill, so we ended up having to use the stoves of some RV camping friends for meals. Otherwise the stay was great.

I would strongly recommend camping there in the summer months or during weekends in the shoulder season if you have social kids like mine. There were tons of things to do there for adults and kids alike. The activities — such as putt-putt, jump zone and the playground ended up being kinda boring for them without others to share it with. Obviously that would change with crowds. And advance reservations are a must — this place books up fast!

I would highly recommend staying at Merry Meadows, especially if you have an RV and a group of friends to join you!

My new favorite

The primitive sites have a lot of space.

Very nice

We went for Father’s Day a few years ago. Nice camping experience had a fishing pond sites were level and no problems

Love it here!

We love to stay here anytime of year. We stay down by the river. Electric and water only, but there is a honeypot that will pump out if you stay longer. There is an area you can get in to the river to go tubing. So much fun!

Quiet, spacious and heavily wooded sites

We stayed at site D72 for 4 days. The sites are quiet, very spacious, level, and heavily wooded with 50A service, water and sewer hookup. D Loop is for RVs, A, B, C& E are tents only. AT&T 5 MB/s w/o booster(1 bar), 8 MB/s with it(2 bars). There is no satellite coverage due to the heavy tree canopy. OTA TV was descent using an external omni antenna. There is no WiFi. There is a very nice network of trails, most if not all were leashed dog friendly.

Cunningham Falls State Park

Stayed one night in September and had a nice level gravel site with fire pit, picnic table and bath house. Greeted by a friendly and helpful camp host as we backed into our site for our maiden voyage. Clean bath house and amenities. Stayed in site 25 with water spigot nearby. Dumpsters for garbage not a far drive and dump station as you leave the park was convenient.

Great hosts, location.

Riding through catoctin mountain park to get to the campground is almost worth it alone staying. My wife and I just stayed one night with our 2 dogs. We met the hosts as we pulled in to our site, very friendly and accommodating. Some of the sites can be backed up to one another or right aide of each other, but there's a number of sites that are more private than others to make it a great experience. Typically, I prefer dispersed or primitive camping over campgrounds, but this place gets the exception. The roads around catoctin mtn Park and Cunningham falls make for a great way to spend a weekend. Lots of trails around the campground and even a few right on premises. Overall, I hope to make it back before the close up next month, if not I'll be coming back next year.

Solid family and friends campsites

The individual campsites are decent for a light camping experience. The hiking trails are great. The rivers for kayaking a real nice. Would recommend. Only warning is unless you rent 2-3 campsites you will be close to other campers as the campsites are in groups of three right next to eachother.