Camping in Frenchmens Estates

Recent Drive-In Reviews Near Frenchmens Estates, Louisiana

249 Reviews of 57 Frenchmens Estates, Louisiana Campgrounds

k
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2021

Great spot in hot springs

Pull thru site with full hookups. The road was a little rough getting into the park. But worth it. Great people store and trails by a creek.

k
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2021

Great people great spots close to battle grounds

The people there helped me get into the leveled lot. Helped me hook up and I’ve never had anyone so kind. Clean pool. And fishing pond. I will be back again.

Site17 by the trees and beutiful animals (except for the skunk we ran into)
tThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2021

Not what was expected

This place is a more permanent residence type of place.

SiteNot disclosing
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Needs some work

The concrete pads are crumbling and very narrow.  You step out of your coach and into the mud.  Staff is friendly, but Wifi is poor and restrictive.  TV decoder is very expensive, but an antenna will work fine.  Easy on/off I-10

S
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Nice Little Park

This is a nice little park. Not fancy, but friendly and quiet. The office people were really nice and very accomodating. Has a small pool, showers/restrooms, and laundry. There are maybe 50% fulltime residents, but we were there for two months and never heard/saw any drama or trouble. People…

• At Shuckers game with view of Beau Rivage Casino
  • Beach at Biloxi
Philip P.
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Yogi Bear Jellystone campground

The pools are nice it has a nice splash pad a big jump pad open all the time has a water slide up front $5 per hour and you use a mat to go down it's fiberglass

Philip P.
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Yogi Bear Jellystone campground

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Inside the park is good

This one will depend on what type of things you like or why you are staying here. We were passing through but wanted to see the french quarter. The area doesn't feel safe, but inside the campgrounds does. The campground itself is clean and kept up well. They keep a guard at the gate all the time.

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Sites and facilities

Lots of shade Nice big old trees. bathrooms are great air-conditioned, modern with the doors ,clean, plenty of hot water would recommend For RVs and teardrop camping. 40 minute drive to downtown New Orleans across the 31 mile long causeway. Stores, gas stations, restaurants within a few miles of…

• real nice grounds well kept
  • best state bathrooms in the south
r
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Great campground

Just completed our first non-tent camping experience with our new camper. Fontainebleau was the perfect spot. Easy to navigate, lots of really good campsites, clean, air-conditioned restrooms. Tons of wildlife and a great splash park for the kids. Nice nature trails. Can’t wait to go back.

JP A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Great state park

I love how they have their sites arranged so it didn't feel like you were right on top of each other.

All the facilities were clean and the showers actually have hot and cold knobs and didn't shut off every 30 seconds (big plus on this trip)

I did have a Crawfish walk through the campsite.

JP A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Great state park

I did have a Crawfish walk through the campsite.

Jacqueline F.
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Not worth the money

I wouldn’t book again for this price! I enjoyed the closeness to the French Quarters as we were able to walk everywhere. That along with a nice pool were the only pluses for me. The pool was overcrowded each time I went and the rudeness of the man on site was disgusting! We were 30 minutes early to…

Jacqueline F.
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Hidden gem in New Orleans

Stayed here one night and was overwhelmed by the friendliness of the staff and other campers. The campground was well kept and offered several amenities. The reason I gave it 4 stars is simply because the bathrooms were a bit unkept. It was busy each time I went so it may have just been challenging…

W
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Lots of gnats!!

The campground was nice. Plenty to do to keep us busy. Between the nature walk, fishing and time on the beach our days were packed. I do not recommend the “premium” tent sites. They are nothing more than a stop of grass next to a parking lot backed up to trees. The gnats were terrible, made worse…