South Wallins, KENTUCKY

Camping Kentucky South Wallins

Most Recent South Wallins Camping Reviews
Loved it

My campsite was a little small but it was right on Cherokee Lake. A lot of permanent residence that are there during the season and I was there offseason so not a lot of people. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Off The Beaten Path

A few friends and I visited this campground in June of 2018 so we could visit the Natural Tunnel and the Devil's Fork Loop Trail. It's a little off the beaten path, down a dirt/gravel road, nestled next to the river (sadly it was right after Tropical Storm Alberto so the river was flooded and we didn't get a chance to swim). We had a wonderful time tent camping and hiking, the staff was always around if we needed anything and we had a peaceful, memorable vacation.

Pleasant Atmosphere

Near Corbin, Ky Grove Campground is in Daniel Boone National Park with Cumberland Falls SP nearby. Grove is another of the many smaller campgrounds that are spread throughout Daniel Boone NP. Tent or RV camp, well maintained older area with facilities and privacy. So much to do nearby and just another AWESOME area.

Sister Shenanigans

Stayed at Corbin/ Laurel Lake KOA near Cumberland Falls State Park while at a group event. We were in the nicely shaded loop and had more then enough room to set up and visit with each other. We were in the area for the Moonbow but unfortunately it was overcast and we missed seeing it. We enjoyed hiking in the area and had an excellent time at the KOA. The campground was well maintained and I tent trailer camped. My site was big and level.

Highly recommend

We were here for a couple weeks during Covid. Nice sites, cafe that delivers, a pond and a lake, wooded lots. Very nice management! Will return. Works well for small rv like ours or big rigs. FHU. GS

Staff, water and campground was awesome

The campground was well kept, it has a beautiful lake that was very clean. We caught and ate several catfish. The roads were great for the kids to ride bike and they enforced the slow speed limit for cars which was awesome. The staff was very friendly and helped out kids out when they had a small bike wreck. The bathrooms were awesome and cleaner the. Other campgrounds we have been to. Overall we had a great time.

Amazing campground, awesome customer service

I brought my 4 young kids 7 hours south to meet my brother in law who brought his oldest 3 kids 7 hours north. Booked the last remaining camp site along the lake and we couldn’t be happier. Great place for kids to hang out, play in the water, and pull the boat right up to our camp site. The bathrooms were always very clean and had nice hot water showers. But above anything else, the customer service was amazing. The lady helped us in any way she could.

One of our favorite quick getaways

Panther creek has great hiking trails, pool, playground fire pits and so much more! The campground tends to be quiet and relaxed and has full hookups on some of the sites along with a nice little store and the dump station.

Peaceful Lake front

Had a site back in by their cabins that was just off the lake which was great for fishing and the kids to explore!

Beautiful scenic area. Great camping and hiking spot.reccomrnded

Would definitely reccomened this place for great hiking. And the natural beauty makes the walking absolutely awesome.