Yurts
About Natural Tunnel State Park
Natural Tunnel State Park is located in Virginia
12 Reviews of Natural Tunnel State Park
Very interesting place

Our family really enjoyed the this park , there are many interesting structures at the park. The staff was very friendly . The park is very clean there are informative facts .

You have to stop and look

We stopped here at zero dark thirty enroute to Hungry Mother State Park. It was dark, very quiet and sorta creepy. NO ONE was in the primitive camp area which is located off the main campground road , down a gravel road into the trees. This would be an excellent group site because all six tent pads surround this huge fire ring and there’s a nice pavilion with water, power and plenty of picnic tables. I was not interested in getting too comfortable just for a few hours sleep so I aired up my small mattress and crashed in the truck. We were up at the crack of sunlight and exploring. Two, small, nice full service campgrounds with a small store and playground. CCC style hiking trail up around the Natural Tunnel that offers some pretty views. There is a chairlift , gift shop and other attractions , BUT…don’t plan to do anything before 10 am, that’s when everything opens. So we hiked and then got on our way up the road.

Beautiful park and everything you need

Great park! It’s got all you need from camping to trails to swimming to even learning history about the area and the park itself! Great for the family!

Offers a variety of site layouts

I camped here back in June 2018. It was one of three sites I camped at that week on my trek to ten VA state parks in the south eastern of the state. This was my favorite of them all. It offered primitive, trailer and tent camping. Since I was by myself I choice the tent. Very clean, helpful and friendly folks. the site was easy to pull through with my truck. I been to some that were not so easy.

Awesome place to camp or just a one day visit.

This park has so many things to do and is fun for all ages. They have campgrounds,cabins and Yurts. There are nice hiking trails,chairlift to view the tunnel,picnic areas,swimming pool and so much more. People are friendly and helpful too. They have concerts and lots of outdoor activities during different times of the year. Great place for family fun!

Pictures don't do it justice!

This place is absolutely breathtaking. A must go. Cabins, yurts, RV camping, primitive camping. Excellently maintained. The are so many activities for everyone of all ages. Pool, picnicking, canoeing, hiking, fishing. There's a trail to the tunnel or you can take a chairlift. There's a museum, several gift shops, camp store, visitor centers. The staff is helpful and friendly. Many educational activities. The cabins are very clean and relatively new. But, I haven't run into 1 bad Virginia state park.

Beautiful park, great campground

Spent the night in a tent at Lovers Leap campground. Campground and park are clean, well maintained and up to date. Canoed Clinch River, caved in the park, and took a short guided hike through Stock Creek to backside of tunnel. Highly recommend!

Very, Very well done

We stayed in Lovers Leap Loop, site specific reservable. All these sites are roomy, but often back or butt to the next site. New super clean showerhouse with plenty of pressure and hot water. We had great cell and hot spot service (ATT & Verizon). The Tunnel is well worth seeing also. Would definitely stay here again.

New cabins next to blackberries!

We loved the new cabin we rented in this beautiful park. A hiking trail ran behind the cabins, past the campground (also new) to the tunnel. It is a great hike and even better when you use the ski lift going up :) The tunnel is at the base of a massive rock and a train drives through it very slowly each day.

We drove 2 hours to canoe the Clinch River which was great fun and we got to see a lot of the area.

Canyon

Who needs to go all the way out west to see the grand canyon when you can get the jist of it here