Camping in Gaza

37 Reviews of 54 Gaza, Iowa Campgrounds

Donald N.
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Outstanding !

Peaceful and relaxing camp. Camp hosts are friendly and incredibly helpful!!! 3 Reservable full hook ups, otherwise first come.

SiteStayed at several sites there
Alan J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Very nice campground

We stayed at this very clean, small city park campground. Hardly anyone was there I think I counted 5 other there. We stayed on our trip out west. Would recommend.

T
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

A Hidden Gem in Iowa

A hidden gem in Northwest Iowa. It is Memerial Day Weekend and on Friday night we had one other tent camper on Friday. None on Saturday.

The bathrooms are the old hole going down into a pit. They are very rustic.

There are plenty of trails in the park. The big creek that runs through…

• The campground
  • A small creek
  • One of the many trails.
Gary E.
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2020

Martin's Access

Primitive camping was awesome

Brian O.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2020

quiet park in the country

I went to college nearby, so i knew of this park but had never visited. On our way to Wyoming from Chicago, we stopped to stay here overnight.  Other than saying it's a nice place in the woods, in what is otherwise open farmland, I don't have much else I can say.

Sitetent area
Lori N.
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2020

Peaceful!

We love this park. We have never been there when it's really crowded, but we know it gets that way. Sites aren't crunched together, so you have privacy. Trails are nice. Everything is well maintained. Showers & bathrooms are awesome! We almost always see wildlife when hiking😁

D
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2020

Nice park need updates.

Very clean park with lots of camp sites. Checked online said they were booked but called anyway to double check and they had multiple spots available. They DO NOT have water hookups at each site, the lady in the phone said they had water but didn’t clarify you have to fill up. I got trailer all…

Lee D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2020

OK for passing through

The small town of Ida Grove is known for its castles (!) and as we were driving through town, we saw this campground. It is located right on Hwy 59 so you will definitely hear road noise when staying here. Many sites are shaded but there is no physical separation between the sites. It was very…

• On the path
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2020

935 Park Lane, LeMars, IA

Just beyond the golf course is the municipal park’s campground. We stayed in the old section (no sewer) which had lovely thick trees offering welcome shade in 90+ degree weather. The sites sit on a small rise between the swimming pond and willow creek. For $20 we got power, water and WiFi. A real…

C
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2020

Small town camping

It a boat launch with a couple campsites. They do have power. Open space. Great to get a nights rest. Shower and restrooms worked well.

Alec S.
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2020

Great site to spend a week

I can not say enough about this campground. The sites are well maintained, bathrooms are IMPECCABLE someone was out cleaning the shower house at 11pm one night. The staff are extremely friendly and there is so much fun for the kids to bike, swim (sand beach), and fish. The surrounding area…

Deb W.
Reviewed May. 6, 2020

Perfect

Great campground with lots of campsites to choose from, they have lots of buddy system sites!

This Place Was Fun!

Fishing from the Island is awesome here! Even if your catching nothing theres a great view!

Since I was a wee lad!

Emmerson Bay is the Best for Tubing on tbe Iowa Great lakes so access for your boat here too is also amazing, However theres not a place here to park it. But this place is awesome for icefishing as well!

• My Buddy Holding one of the Amazing Bluegills that live around the bay
  • Another Healthy delicious Bluegill off of My Grandpas Dock from around the bay from the lake access here
  • In the act!

Great Hikes

Fort Defiance is a forresty natural state park in Iowa. There is Electrical Hook ups a picnic Table and a charcoal Grill already at the camp site. The valley has a small river or a big creek, idk you tell me the difference, what you can cross over a few times on the trails. Depending on the time…