The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Sycamore Ford , INDIANA

Camping Indiana Sycamore Ford Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Sycamore Ford Camping Reviews
Fun park

This park has very nice hiking trails and a swimming beach. The kids had a great time, and I got to kick back and relax.

Great Campground

This is a great campground. We stayed at site 30, a modern site with water, electric and sewer. Sharing of water and electric between two sites, so come prepared with extensions for water and electric. Only sites are next to us. Woods behind and open grass and field in front of this site. Disc golf course is awesome, in the woods, up and down ravine. 18 holes plus practice basket. Hole 1 starts by primitive sites closer to beach. Ask for a disc golf map at gatehouse. Beach area is nice. We were the only people there the first 2 days. Mostly people at campground had boats for fishing . 3 playgrounds for kids.

Park is only 30 minutes from my house, but I love camping here

We visit this park often throughout the year to ride the nice paved bike trails and take pictures of the restored prairie and wildflowers.  We also take our first camping excursion of the season here to make sure the camper is good to go for the season.  The full hook up sites book up quickly, and the electric only often do as well, so book your weekend early.

The sites are all pretty spacious, with a gravel pad for your camper or tent.  The electric only sites lack shade, so bring an awning or canopy.  There is also only one comfort station, although it has never been packed even with a full campground.  Some of the sites are called buddy sites, and the gravel camping pads are close to each other, so consider that when booking.

The hiking and biking trails are all moderate, but again they are in the open and a sunny day can wear you out without a hat and water.

We love this park to visit and to stay, and will always recommend it!

Beautiful Little Camp

It use to be KOA New owners 2 year it is pet friendly But for there feet the Campsite is jacket rocks rough on the dog's paws and a little to close to the freeway But everything else was nice clean very friendly staff hot showers no breakfast

Prairie-style w half full hookups & half electric. Great for RVs & tents.

Not too far out of the way, this is Indiana's newest state park, if I'm not mistaken, and it shows. The lower loop is all full hookups with 50, 30, and 20 amp service and respectably woody. The back loop is more open grassland type camping, but it has electric at every location and water every 2-4 sites.

There's a big playground including a section for younger kids and the main area for 5-12 year olds. About a half mile outside of the campground is another, smaller, playground in the state park. And about a mile and a half outside of the campground back towards the entrance to the state park is a water park. The aquatic center was not open during my stay, but according to the web is open Memorial Day through Labor Day and is $5 per person (3 and under free). It's a VERY short car ride, a maybe 30 minute walk, or a reasonably short bike ride from the camp sites.

AT&T service at my site seemed to average 2 bars. Sometimes 1, sometimes 3. No wifi.

There's a primitive-style potty shack with 2 restrooms in between the two sections and a bathhouse in the center of the back loop. My wife said the hot water wasn't working (I would have docked them a half star for that, but The Dyrt only does full stars and we only stayed 2 nights), so you may just call and ask if they've had any complaints about it recently.

Firewood was available, but it was honor system and cost $5.35 cash only. I assume the price is set by the state, but exact change is rare for us so that was a mild annoyance.

A great hiking park

This is a great, quiet campground during the week. Being non electric there is usually a good mix of tent and trailer types. I prefer camping solo during the week because this camp can be virtually silent thanks to no electric hookups. The hiking here is some of the best topography around, certainly matching Turkey Run, but you don’t have to deal with all the people! There have been times I’ve come to hike and felt like I had the entire park to myself. Take this as you will: little to no cell signal through most of the campground.

Very nice little campground with a well stocked camp store

I've stayed here several times. The grounds are well kept and the owners are just nice people.  The only caveat I have is that there is only one building for showers for the whole site, unless that's changed since the last time I was there.

This is my default campground when going to Turkey Run state Park

Very quiet non-electric campground

This is our favorite state park to camp at.  We started here in tents, and moved up to a travel trailer.  We have stayed here at various times over the past 5 years.  Camp sites are all non-electric.  The park is typically pretty quiet except for the sounds of children playing during the day.  The park roads are easy to walk, and trails abound!  Trails range in difficulty, so read the park pamphlet before setting out.  Views are amazing from the trails!  Turkey Run SP and Raccoon Lake Rec Area are close by, and the campground pass from Shades gets you into both.  Camp sites vary in size and shape, and most can get really muddy after a rain, so check the weather and plan accordingly.  There is only one shower house that can get crowded on a busy weekend.  Overall an amazing park and a great campground.  Pictures attached are from site 102.

Great Family Campground

We have stayed at McCormicks multiple times. We really enjoy it! It isn’t too loud, lots of shade and plenty of things around to keep the kids happy.

Fun park

Nice place we went during a really busy time which was expected for the popularity of the park! That being said it did seem a little tight in certain area we were in but we drove around and rest of campground looked awesome! Only reason for 4 stars is I think they need to redo like 1/4 of campground