Sycamore Ford , INDIANA

Camping Indiana Sycamore Ford

Most Recent Sycamore Ford Camping Reviews
Raccoons , Raccoons, Raccoons..lol

It is a lovely park. Especially if you have a boat. They have a separate swimming area its kinda like its own cove. They have a camp store that is okay. They dont have much to choose from but there is a DG just down the road. Excellent fishing and fun trails to explore. The adorable raccoons are everywhere. They are like a little gang of bandits- they even steal food and drinks out of the cooler. The deer are around to greet you as well. Remember do not feed the critters… If possible.

Good enough for an overnight

Nothing special about this campground. Is there when you need it for an event. The one plus is that it is easy to go in, pick a spot and set up. And that’s about it!

Fun park

This park has very nice hiking trails and a swimming beach. The kids had a great time, and I got to kick back and relax.

Great Campground

This is a great campground. We stayed at site 30, a modern site with water, electric and sewer. Sharing of water and electric between two sites, so come prepared with extensions for water and electric. Only sites are next to us. Woods behind and open grass and field in front of this site. Disc golf course is awesome, in the woods, up and down ravine. 18 holes plus practice basket. Hole 1 starts by primitive sites closer to beach. Ask for a disc golf map at gatehouse. Beach area is nice. We were the only people there the first 2 days. Mostly people at campground had boats for fishing . 3 playgrounds for kids.

Park is only 30 minutes from my house, but I love camping here

We visit this park often throughout the year to ride the nice paved bike trails and take pictures of the restored prairie and wildflowers.  We also take our first camping excursion of the season here to make sure the camper is good to go for the season.  The full hook up sites book up quickly, and the electric only often do as well, so book your weekend early.

The sites are all pretty spacious, with a gravel pad for your camper or tent.  The electric only sites lack shade, so bring an awning or canopy.  There is also only one comfort station, although it has never been packed even with a full campground.  Some of the sites are called buddy sites, and the gravel camping pads are close to each other, so consider that when booking.

The hiking and biking trails are all moderate, but again they are in the open and a sunny day can wear you out without a hat and water.

We love this park to visit and to stay, and will always recommend it!

Beautiful Little Camp

It use to be KOA New owners 2 year it is pet friendly But for there feet the Campsite is jacket rocks rough on the dog's paws and a little to close to the freeway But everything else was nice clean very friendly staff hot showers no breakfast

Prairie-style w half full hookups & half electric. Great for RVs & tents.

Not too far out of the way, this is Indiana's newest state park, if I'm not mistaken, and it shows. The lower loop is all full hookups with 50, 30, and 20 amp service and respectably woody. The back loop is more open grassland type camping, but it has electric at every location and water every 2-4 sites.

There's a big playground including a section for younger kids and the main area for 5-12 year olds. About a half mile outside of the campground is another, smaller, playground in the state park. And about a mile and a half outside of the campground back towards the entrance to the state park is a water park. The aquatic center was not open during my stay, but according to the web is open Memorial Day through Labor Day and is $5 per person (3 and under free). It's a VERY short car ride, a maybe 30 minute walk, or a reasonably short bike ride from the camp sites.

AT&T service at my site seemed to average 2 bars. Sometimes 1, sometimes 3. No wifi.

There's a primitive-style potty shack with 2 restrooms in between the two sections and a bathhouse in the center of the back loop. My wife said the hot water wasn't working (I would have docked them a half star for that, but The Dyrt only does full stars and we only stayed 2 nights), so you may just call and ask if they've had any complaints about it recently.

Firewood was available, but it was honor system and cost $5.35 cash only. I assume the price is set by the state, but exact change is rare for us so that was a mild annoyance.

Wonderful people

This is a wonderful conference center run by wonderful people. Because of the work I do I have had the opportunity to have several interactions with the staff. It’s always a pleasure.

A great hiking park

This is a great, quiet campground during the week. Being non electric there is usually a good mix of tent and trailer types. I prefer camping solo during the week because this camp can be virtually silent thanks to no electric hookups. The hiking here is some of the best topography around, certainly matching Turkey Run, but you don’t have to deal with all the people! There have been times I’ve come to hike and felt like I had the entire park to myself. Take this as you will: little to no cell signal through most of the campground.

Very nice little campground with a well stocked camp store

I've stayed here several times. The grounds are well kept and the owners are just nice people.  The only caveat I have is that there is only one building for showers for the whole site, unless that's changed since the last time I was there.

This is my default campground when going to Turkey Run state Park