The best RV SITES camping near
Kingsbury , INDIANA

Most Recent Kingsbury Camping Reviews
Very Friendly place

We where there in December so only one section was open. A little close to your neighbors but the way the sites are angled you had plenty of room. Very friendly people. Easy in and out. With nothing going on at the fair grounds there where lots of places to walk around with our dog.

Nice sites

Owners are friendly and do a good job keeping the camp nice

Clean & Spacious

We pulled in around 4:30 in the evening. The sight was spacious with plenty of room in between sites. Since the weather was cooler , it was pretty sparse with other campers. We stayed 2 nights over the weekend. You are within walking distance to the beach within the park. The buildings have great architecture. The sight had 50 amp electric hook ups but no water or sewer connections, and we knew that going in. We had a back in sight #69. There was plenty of space on all sides. We have a 37’ motorhome and pulled a Jeep behind it. There was plenty of room to maneuver around. The sight also had a wood picnic table and fire ring for a wood fire pit. We will definitely be back! I wish I had taken more photos from the beach and beach pavilion.

Didn’t stay here, I just did a day trip

I just went to check this campground out and it had one site that I would like to stay on. Site 71 was right on a dune with stairs to see the lake!

Nice layout and a ton of nature activities

The state park is located within the boundaries of the Indiana Dunes National Park (formerly National Lakeshore), so don't get confused by this. There also is a national park campground, but it's closed in the winter.)

This state park has a nice layout because the sites seem to be staggered so that they don't back up to each other. Also, there is a good buffer space behind the sites and decent space between each site.

All sites have 20- 30- and 50-amp service available, plus almost all are a combination of a concrete pad and asphalt apron. Note that just because they're paved doesn't mean all of them are level. Each site has a fire pit and it appeared they all have grill grates on them.

One nice touch is that some sites have wider asphalt aprons so if you have a longer rig, you can put your towing vehicle or your towed vehicle off to the side once your rig is in place. Also, the ADA sites are nicely laid out with larger concrete pads so that even the fire pits are in the concrete section for ease of access.

Note that after Nov. 1, the water is shut off and bathrooms are shut down until spring, although there are vault toilets available.

You will hear a pretty regular stream of train whistles at this campground, but they aren't so loud as to be disruptive.

You can hike to the 1929 Dunes Pavilion and a large beach on Lake Michigan. The best hiking activity, however, and also easily accessible by walking from the campground, is the series of dune trails. The Nature Center, which sits between the campground and the trails, has some good visitor's information about the dunes, the flora and fauna, and the history of the area.

Once you finish seeing what you want in the state park, there's still the entire national park to see. Plus, there's a multi-use trail that runs for 9 miles along the state park and into the national park.

Cell service for Verizon was two bars but speeds seem to be good. Less signal and speed for Google Fi, but not terrible.

Great for fishing

We wanted to stay at Warren Dunes State Park, but I think this discovery was a better choice. A clean and friendly municipal campground on the St. Joseph River. The grounds are mostly open with little shade, but we had a tent site by the river and trees. What impressed me most was that they have a building specifically for cleaning fish, with scales, cutting boards and sinks. Another nice feature is the outdoor sink at the shower & restroom building for campers to wash dishes. As tent campers I wish more places had a set up like that. There’s a large stack of firewood, so it’s easy to get a bundle that’s good and dry. We did go to Warren Dunes for an afternoon. It’s busy and crowded. If you go to the beach, be aware there’s very little shade. North of there is Grand Mere State Park, which is better for hiking. In Berrien Springs, check out Zick’s specialty meats across the river from the camp.

Family Friendly with Space

Solid campground with space between the sights. Great for families, has a general store with essentials, and lots of activities. A little pricy.

Primitive

Clean ,primitive. Well water, showers

Sites on top of each Other

OK, I can deal with minimal privacy, but I’m a hiker and I got seriously lost on the woods trails due to very poor sinage. I was pretty furious when I finally stumbled out of the woods and met up with a couple of maintenance men who heard me lecture loud and clear on the importance of sinage. Be very careful hiking at this place. There’s a great well defined walk to the beach. It included a boardwalk that skirts a wetland restoration project that is impressive.