Equestrian
No Water Hookups
No WiFi
Tippecanoe River State Park is located in Indiana
15 Reviews of Tippecanoe River State Park
Lazy river and relaxation. Great family park.

Canoe, kayak, tube. Fishing is good on the Tippecanoe. Birding is great. Marshy wetland areas near river makes this a high mosquito zone, so slather on the bug juice and enjoy hiking and viewing the natures preserves. Very open campsites, so don't expect privacy or solitude, but a friendly place for families.

Lean fun state park

Great access to river activities and hiking

Mosquitoes

Worst place for mosquitoes.

Our Traditional Summer Spot

A group of us come here annually for a friend's birthday wrekend. We camp, do the lazy river nearby, then camp so more. The sites are large and open. My only complaint is that there is a restricted number of tents amd cars you can have at each site, which makes it challenging for larger groups like ours. There is nearby bathrooms with showers and paved paths that run throughout the campsite.

Very family friendly campground.

We loved our electric campsites. We had site 53 and it was very spacious. We didn't feel like we were camping on top of each other. We also went kayaking and it was very close to the state park for the access site. We will definitely be going back.

Good place to camp and Kayak

Great place for a weekend camping trip of kayaking and some hiking.

Pro's

• Large Campsites
  • Clean showers and bathrooms
  • 2 kayak ramps with ability to hike in between them
  • Fire tower
  • Great views in the river
  • Horse Trails

Con's

• No privacy in campsites, so it more of a RV's / partying camping
  • Hiking is mainly flat trails thru the woods
  • No Camp Store, the Host sold firewood and Ice
{ (The old) Canoe Camp👍} { (now) River Tent Area👎 }

This small 10 campsite area of The Tippecanoe River State Park only has 1 water spigot & 4 vault toilets (2 men's & 2 women's) for the more adventurous campers. The main reason I like it there is that you're camping directly on the river. On one of the sites you can actually get out of your tent & throw a rock into the river.

Prior to this year (2018) this non-electric smaller area of the park WAS known as "The Canoe Camp", stipulating you must have a canoe or some kind of boat to camp here.

Now, this area is "The River Tent Area". Anyone with a tent can camp here now. I have camped there 3 times this year & had a few things happen. (All in one trip)

In the camping brochure it plainly states "No swimming" in 2 separate paragraghs. I had picked THAT weekend because there was free fishing for Indiana residents & my friend wanted to take her 2 young boys fishing & camping. We caught nothing. Probably due to the people belly flopping in the river a mere 20 ft. away.

Our day FAR from over. Some other campers that night decided to play flashlight games in ALL 10 campsites. It's not too easy getting 2 small boy's to bed while there are scary shadows being cast on all 4 sides of our tent.

The park rangers DO come around & check on things 👍 but I was getting ice in the main campground after the fishing incident & my friend,who had never camped there before, didn't feel it was her place to say anything. The reservations were in my name. Plus we packed & left 1st thing in the morning after the flashlight ordeal. ((back to work) I did call the office & inform that evening at home.

I'm worried that opening that area up to anybody with a tent wasn't a very good idea.

Quaint campground

I’ve been to many state parks but this is one of my favorites. Big lots, friendly staff. Trails and the river close by. Bathrooms are phenomenal!! Enjoy!

Clean, green and needs to be seen!

This campground is a great place for families and pets.

We camped in the electric part of the park. During our stay we enjoyed the hiking opportunities for us and our dogs.

There were children involved in bike riding and playing at the playground every day and activities like the park Challenge to explore the park in a guided way, looking for local animals and skeletal remains.

Yu can also fish, canoe, Kayak or tube on the Tippecanoe River.

The Comfort Buildings were well lit and clean. They were also well stocked.

There was a horse camp available as well as youth tenting and cabins to rent.

This is a great State Park with more things to offer in addition to the ones mentioned above. We will definitely be back.Check it out for yourself soon!

very nice

small but worth going. fire tower climb was beautiful. A nice little place to relax.