Camping in Franks

200 Reviews of 18 Franks, Illinois Campgrounds

Jason A.
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2021

Great family owned campground

Clean bathrooms and showers, well maintained sites with water and electric. A bit cramped for tent camping as sites are small and no space between neighbors.

However 2 pools, activities, green river at back of campground for fishing, tubing, and trail hiking.

SiteA22
M
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2021

Piled on top of each other

Because of being right on top of other campers. Also, almost everything is gravel.

Ghyslaine G.
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2021

If you value your vacation time, skip this site!

I cannot express enough the horrific stay we had at this campground. When I say mud, just be prepared to be slipping and sliding everywhere because there is more mud than grass. The fly situation is out of hand. If you sit down at any given time, you'll find 20+ on you. The sites are super close…

g
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

So close and so fun

We really like this place and was about a 30 minute rude from our place in the western burbs. Some of the areas best mountain bike single track is right here. There is fishing kayaking and hiking trails too. Friendly staff and clean bathrooms. It did get a little noisy at night but that sometimes…

P
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Loved our time.

No electricity on but 2 or 3 sites but we loved our time camping here. We have been here 2 times and had no problems. So sites are close but as campers we work out our site to not interfere with others. Love the hiking and the forges. We will be back.

• nice size site.
Site26, 25
Cliff B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Nice and quite!

The owner is awesome! This campground is nice and peaceful I spent a month here. There is a abundance of spots available.

Jennifer H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Nice grounds with remote feeling with

A campground close into the city but in the middle of corn and soy bean fields right done in the river. We had site 45, a back in site with no sewer but with water and electric. Active tent campers next to us and a lot (a lot) of seasonal permanent RV’s all very nicely appointed. Pretty sleepy…

• panoramic from the back of campsite 45
  • panoramic of play area
  • video from camp site 45
Paul L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2021

Quick overnight

Very clean, quiet, well maintained campground. We just needed a quick overnight and it was perfect. Not far off the interstate, and very quiet. Would probably give it 5 stars if we stayed longer. Lots of activities that we didn’t get a chance to use.

J
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2021

Great quiet place

Stayed for 3 nights over 4th of July. Got spot 38. Was a good spot with access to the trails. Quiet and set back. The platform for tents didn't fit our 6 man tent but the 2 man fit perfect. Bathrooms were not to far. Beautiful trees. Not to buggy.

rThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2021

Small but decent

The campground is small the rv sites are shallow and close to the road but otherwise most are fairly private. The staff was friendly all in all not a bad place

M
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2021

Clean, open, beautiful

This is a wonderful campground with everything accessible for a few days respite. Clean showers, space to walk, gorgeous lake - quiet just outside of the city!

The staff were delightful! - except when I phoned. I was told the campground was fully booked. Many hours and a phone glitch later, we…

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2021

Great experience

The staff was friendly and helpful allowed me to drive in and look around to pick a site. The grounds were clean and you would never know you were in the city

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2021

No contact.

Tried to reserve a spot for my rv,and it took me three tries and got hung up on,and no reservation.

Amy G.The Dyrt ADMIN User
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Beautiful primitive campground I almost don't want to tell anyone about

$4 individual primitive site

Note: if you cannot sleep to the sound of trains at night, this is not the campground for you. I don't mind them at all, and rather enjoy the sound, but there were probably three of them that went by in the middle of the night rather close to the campground. There's a…

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Very nice campground

Rock Cut St. Park is in the middle of an urban area, but you would not know it. The park is very large(the largest in northern Illinois) and has multiple campgrounds. I stayed in the Prairie View campground. Trees all around, plenty of shade. There is a central bathhouse with flush toilets and 3…

SitePrairie View