About Illini State Park
Illini State Park is located in Illinois
11 Reviews of Illini State Park
Poor 30amp electrical service

We tried to stay in site 14 that had 30 amp service. Our TT is 30amp. Our A/C unit kept tripping the breaker on the campground pole. Our breaker inside never tripped. They had someone come out and claimed their electric was fine and our A/C was broken. Went home bc it was 95 out and our A/C ran fine off a 20amp household outlet with no issues. Reported this so it could be fixed and the office still argued that their service was fine.

Nice place

Nice peaceful campground with decent camp sites, friendly people and fun small towns close with cool bars right on the Illini river. I have a bench I sit on by the river and I drank old style and think about my grandpa.

Camping on the riverside

Located right on the river. There are many tent sites available and at a great price. The bathrooms located near the electrical sites have showers and running water. The bathrooms that are in the tent site only area are more like port-o-potty style. So in the heat of summer there are a lot of flies and you should have something to wash your hands ie no running water. I’d stay there again and the hosts were very sweet.

River front park

The campsites are small but secluded. The park is right along the river so it’s great for launching your boat or kayaking. No hiking. Sites are almost always available and decent prices, but not a whole lot to do.

Nice alternative to crowds at Starved Rock

This lesser known state park right on the banks of the river is a nice alternative to Starved rock state park.

The main campground has modern toilets and showers and a beautiful view of the river and the lock and dam.

Quiet Little Campground along the Illinois River

This state park has 2 campgrounds with electric and non-electric in both. We stayed in electric site 14 in Great Falls Campground, which has a river view. Non-electric sites are in the woods. Level driveway, picnic tables, and fire pit on all sites. Water located throughout. Older bathroom with 2 toilet and shower stalls on each side. Pit potty in non-electric area, but you can use the bathhouse too.

Whitetail Campground does not have any river noise, but it's not as well maintained.

Easy access to I-80. Sit along the river and watch the barges go by. Great hiking at Starved Rock State Park to the west.

Only negative: occasional sewage smell wafts by.

Great little campground with sites that back up to the Illinois river

I you want a spot by the river make sure you reserve

Great for picnics, not for camping

I visited this park on an impromptu trip with a friend, abd while the views of the Illinois River (including a tug boat going by just feet from the bank in the early AM hours!) we're spectacular, the camping was not great. The sites don't offer great scenery, and you can hear the constant electrical hum of the nearby lock and dam. It is not a peaceful spot for camping at all.

The pavilions, however, were very nice, and I strongly recommend it for picnics or family events.

Northcentral IL, it's great!

Pretty decent park and camping area. Would stay here again!

Awesome fishing at Illini

This place has a boat dock and lots of good fishing! Lots of wildlife too. We met a super cute raccoon. Really nice big place to tent. We had a great time will come back.