Camping in Point Peter

Recent Standard (Tent / RV) Reviews Near Point Peter, Georgia

441 Reviews of 63 Point Peter, Georgia Campgrounds

RThe Dyrt PRO User

Lake Hartwell State Ark

The park has a lot of potential. Road maintenance is not being done. Definitely needs some electrical work. Ours kept throwing breakers whenever someone new hooked up down the circuit. Cleaning is slack, it’s a shame really.

PattieL

Excellent Camping Sites & Scenery

This is a federal campground on which sites are spread out. The roads are paved throughout, but the campsites are gravel. The roads are great for bike riding and walking. Sites have electricity and water. Bath houses are older but clean. Wildlife live in the woods around the sites. I've seen…

• Shoreline at Lake Thurmond
  • Sunset at Lake Thurmond
Site29 & 20
Amy H.

Very nice campground with Ants 🐜

What a beautiful State Park. My husband and I enjoyed our time visiting the park. We were at camp site#83. It was a hike to get to the water with numerous steps that could hinder some. Very private, wooded lot with obstructed views of the lake. Phone service was 1/2 bar to none. We had a terrible…

• Site 83 from water
  • Site 83
  • At Shelter 2
Roger C.

Nice level sites

Have stayed here a couple of times. Loved it, premium sites close to the water are excellent.

Barbara C.
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2021

The Magic

This was the most friendly campground Ive ever visited. They have locked gate from 10PM till morning, so felt very safe. The staff could not be friendlier! I really felt safe and the site was exceptional. Private access to waterway. If you need any help, just ask gate personel. I needed repair on…

Roger C.

Excellent campground

1st time staying here, absolutely loved it, sites were large level & clean. We will be back. My dogs even loved it!

Jennifer K.The Dyrt PRO User

Very secluded

First time there, and it was very relaxing. Super quiet at night which was nice. Sites spaced out and very well kept. Lake was very clean where we were.

• view of the lake from site 10
  • water access site 10
Marty A.

Friday the 13th campout

While most of my camping trip was spent at camp Daniel Morgan, I did stay a night at the public campground. The facilities were excellent. The bathrooms were extremely clean. The neighbors were polite and quiet. Great overall experience.

Stuart K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

Post-Apocalyptic Lakeside Camping Experience!

OK, so there were no zombies that we accidentally bumped into, but that said, the whole campground was supposed to have gone through a massive redo that was intended to be completed by May, but by the time our camping experience began (2 full months later), the whole place was still going through…

• All 3 of my ladies returning from a great day of splashing around in the lake, truly the gem of this campground
  • My little ladies silhouetted in front of a sinking sunset on the lake
  • The sun seeping into our tent in the early morning hours as we faced east
Kay M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Relaxing

We were able to get a last minute spot during Labor Day. It was packed. Spacing is nice. Facilities are clean and staff is friendly.

• i couldn’t wait to get my cast iron skillet on the fire.
Angela V.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Really gorgeous- intend to camp here again!

Beautiful lake views, RV sites with patios and bbqs. Fishing, boat ramp, pool, charming train theme. You can even sleep overnight in a train car cabin. Not great cell reception, and wifi seems to only work in the front portion of the park, but the back is where the great views are.

LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

Quiet, well kept campground with lots of activities

Awesome campground located about 15min off of I-20.
Fantastic golf course that I didn't get to play unfortunately.
We stayed at the "buddy site" with our 37' Mallard and my Father-in-law's Winnebago. Though the layout of the site didn't quite make sense, the kids and dogs loved having everyone…

• One buddy site on the campground (#45). Our 2021 Mallard on the right, Father-in-law's 1978 Winnebago on the left!
  • The creek runs right behind the buddy site and my daughter caught her first fish there!
Daley B.
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2021

Great condition State Park!

We went for the first time last Labor Day. Not a ton to do but super relaxing. There is a beach area and a hiking trail. A lot of the sites are in great shape.

My fiancé had Verizon and had signal but my family was on AT&T and had very limited service.

We are going back this weekend for…

RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2021

All about the lake.

Coneross is a nice place but.. its all about the lake. No trails at all. The beaches are very nice with playgrounds on them. Water was clear to 7' depth. Biggest flaw here was the bathhouses. They were clean, but only one shower worked out of the three available. The plumbing definitely need some…

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Very relaxing

My wife and i did the walk in tent camping. We had a nice, relatively secluded spot. This area of Lake Lanier is pretty quiet. Great fit kayaking or paddle boarding.