The best YURTS camping near
Gilleland , GEORGIA

Most Recent Gilleland Camping Reviews
Yargo

Paddle boats, kayaks and the beach, grilling out and having fun with friends and our kids

Camping @ Stone Mtn Park

We had a blast the year we camped out at Stone Mtn, We rode the ferry boat, the train, then walked up the mountain to ride the skylift back down it just in time to watch the laser show. After the laser show was over and we ran around the big grassy area waiting for the cars to clear out we headed to our camping area, & made s'mores.

Great Childhood Memories

We visited Vogel in April 2021 and it was just as good as I remembered as a child. My grandparents used to bring me here all the time when I was little. Some of my first camping experiences. It’s just as amazing today as it was then. We stayed in the area for small rigs and tents, #79. It was perfect for our camper. Even though we had terrible rain one day, we still made the best of it. I love the charm of the old parks where everything was smaller and seems more natural. The lake, the waterfalls, Blairsville, there is just so much to do up in the mountains.

Reminds me of a campground outwest.

By far one of the prettiest campground our state has to offer. With tons of hiking trail, a gorgeous lake , paved roads and sparkling clean facilities. We have camped several times , in the camper and tent.

Close to home and always neat and clean

Red Top is a great local campground on Lake Allatoona.  It has plenty of sites although a lot of the water front are tent only. The bath houses are updated and clean. Makes for a great weekend trip.

Very Nice Campground with water access

This is a great campground, tons of spots of various sizes that should accommodate any rig. Clean bathrooms, showers, friendly staff. Patrolled by ranger regularly, access is restricted at night. Plenty of water access for canoes and boats. Really nice campground- recommend!!

Lovely camp site!

We stayed in Primitive #9. It was a short walk from the parking lot and the park provides wheelbarrows to help you move your stuff! This campsite and #8 were basically one site, so you'll get to know those neighbors, which for us was fine…a lovely family who went to bed early. The site is set in the trees and it was quiet at night, with owls and peepers singing a night chorus. Water, trash cans and a clean modern bathroon were at the parking lot. It was too cold yet to go swimming, but in the summer it would be a short walk to the beach.

Very fun

Campsite was large and clean. Beautiful waterfalls, trails and fishing in a stocked pond. I was very impressed with the clean facilities.

Close to Atlanta but water was very low if you have a boat.

We wanted to try someplace close to Atlanta so this was a good choice. However the water was very low in the Lakes if you wanted to Boat or Fish. Also, the sites do not offer much privacy. Our fire pit was literally at the far end of our site (#111) which seemed odd. We did have a nice view of the Lake and it was even better after a few folks checked out.  Bathrooms were not very clean and did not have soap at the sinks. There is not much to do here other than Lake activities. (no Hiking). It was nice to walk along the lake edges (sandy beaches) with the Dogs.