Camping in Fort Lincoln New Town

139 Reviews of 22 Fort Lincoln New Town, District of Columbia Campgrounds

Michelle R.
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2021

Family Fun

We love going every summer with our family and friends for a lot of Waterpark fun!

Jarmonay N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 22, 2021

Community Camping

Okay I really like this spot if you’re looking to camp with any amount of people! Parking is okay but be aware of the amount of traffic bikers fishers and hikers who come here ! Very good for family and couples.

Siteopen space
Sabrina H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2021

First Trip with RV

This was our first trip with our RV and it was a great experience. The staff is extremely nice and helpful with everything (especially Petey)! Our spot was on the river with a short walk to the boat ramp and access. It was very quiet, serene, & clean. Dog-friendly (seemed like everyone had a…

• Our Site
  • Our view from the trailer
  • Luna
SiteA7
Casey L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2021

Great family spot

Overall great sites, not many trees so some are exposed. There is a cool skate park right near the campground which is great if you like to use it, but can get a little loud in the evening. They also had on spot lights once dark. Great hiking, close to Great Falls. Kids also loved the water park!…

• bike/hiking trail right off campsite
  • they have canoe and kayak rentals as well
    Play button icon
Lisa V.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2021

Great experience

If you enjoy beautiful sunsets, seeing bald eagles every day, having a nice breeze, not too buggy, well kept campground this is the place to go. Sewer is not there yet, but they have portables just in case you need to remove some instead of moving the entire camper. Due to covid, public…

• daily view
SiteA1? right next to the bay.
Cristina G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2021

Site 58 was nice and private

Really enjoyed this park especially since it is so close to Washington DC. The sites were fairly level and shaded with a fire ring and picnic table. Verizon cell coverage was good. The comfort house with showers and flush toilets was clean. My only minor complaint would be during the weekend there…

Sean R.

Great for fishing/boating

Had a guys weekend here with my Brother and my 4 year old son. Had a great time. Every park ranger we met was nice and helpful.

There is only one camping loop which connects to the marina/park area via a foot bridge. With camping you were granted boat launching access. There was a nice fishing…

Gabby B.

Nice campground and spots

Some campgrounds are close to trails and they are separated nicely so you have room to set up extra things. The campground sites are pretty big in length as well. Will come back many more times.

B
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2021

Nice Campground at very reasonable price

We stayed Burke lake campground for one night last week. It was very peaceful place. The whole camp ground was very clean and well kept. It was nice to stay outside of DC away from the hustle and bustle. The staff was very nice and there to answer all my crazy questions.

SiteB17- B18
J
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2021

Great splash park

Perfect for young families. Bounce pads, gem mining, splash park, mini golf, good kids activities. Highly recommend and things to do in the local area.

b
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2021

Expensive for people traveling

I found it expensive for a tent site. No electric or water and was over $40. Out of area fee and a transaction fee (I even paid cash) If your traveling looking for a cheaper place to park for the night, this is not it.

Siteone in the campground
Jessica C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2021

Buggy

Do come early but not for the campsites… for the parking. Nice clean campsites. No water. They provide trash bags to take your own trash home.

Sitein the parking lot. trailer camping
Mark M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Easy dispersed camping by the river

From my limited camping experience, this is a great site! There are 5 sites that are first come, first serve across from a day use area. A short drive away from DC and it couldn't be easier to get to: park in a lot and walk about 500ft down to the campgrounds.

About 4 sites are in use during my…

Brian S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Serenity

I wanted to add to my original review I absolutely love this campground I live in Baltimore so it’s only an hour and 10 minutes for me I am planning my third trip next month. This video shows the Shenandoah River and the campground enjoy

• Play button icon